Wikiposts

IEC 2014 Queries

Old Dec 5th 2013, 3:18 am
Just Joined

IM_A_FREEMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Application/Funds

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
It is when you arrive in Canada at the border, they may ask for proof of funds. This may help you:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca.../faq.aspx#acnt
So not having these funds would not affect my application? It is purely on arrival?
Old Dec 5th 2013, 5:22 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IM_A_FREEMAN
Hi everyone

Brand new to this website but I found this thread instantly so I just thought I'd see if anyone could give me some advice

I'm planning on applying next year. Obviously as soon as it opens! I'm checking the website every day for more info its driving me mad haha!

Anyway my question is when you apply for the working visa is do you have to show your proof of funds at the time you apply for your visa i.e. do i have to have to equivalent of 2500 Canadian dollars when the applications open early next year or do I just have to show that I have those funds when I actually arrive in Canada next year?

If anyone could clear this up for me it would really help me out!
$2,500 CAD equivalent when arriving in Canada, show either bank statement (printed on banks official paper stamped and no older than one week).
Old Dec 5th 2013, 7:13 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
$2,500 CAD equivalent when arriving in Canada, show either bank statement (printed on banks official paper stamped and no older than one week).
Does a print screen showing date and time and the bank from online banking not work along with a most recent monthly statement, I thought people used their internet banking for copies...
Old Dec 5th 2013, 7:30 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Does a print screen showing date and time and the bank from online banking not work along with a most recent monthly statement, I thought people used their internet banking for copies...
Perhaps read the instructions on the CIC / IEC website?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...faq.aspx#uk2-3

3. What do I need to show as proof of funds upon arrival in Canada?

You must have a statement from your bank account that must have been issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly indicate that you have sufficient funds in your account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500).

5. My banking institution has informed me they will not provide a bank statement before my departure to Canada. What may I present as a substitute when I arrive at the port of entry?

If your banking institution will not provide you with a bank statement that demonstrates you have sufficient funds in your bank account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500), you may submit the following as proof of funds:

A letter on official letterhead from your banking institution issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada. This letter must clearly show your account balance and it must be signed, dated, and preferably stamped.

Please note you must submit the original letter provided to you by your banking institution, not a photocopy.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 8:11 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Perhaps read the instructions on the CIC / IEC website?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...faq.aspx#uk2-3

3. What do I need to show as proof of funds upon arrival in Canada?

You must have a statement from your bank account that must have been issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly indicate that you have sufficient funds in your account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500).

5. My banking institution has informed me they will not provide a bank statement before my departure to Canada. What may I present as a substitute when I arrive at the port of entry?

If your banking institution will not provide you with a bank statement that demonstrates you have sufficient funds in your bank account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500), you may submit the following as proof of funds:

A letter on official letterhead from your banking institution issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada. This letter must clearly show your account balance and it must be signed, dated, and preferably stamped.

Please note you must submit the original letter provided to you by your banking institution, not a photocopy.
So what would hypothetially happened if you turned up with your official bank statement that was issued 2 weeks ago and shows you have $5,000...? Could they still turn you away?
Old Dec 5th 2013, 8:52 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

So what would hypothetially happened if you turned up with your official bank statement that was issued 2 weeks ago and shows you have $5,000...? Could they still turn you away?
Yes, hyperthetically they could. You need to comply with the requirements for proof of funds and insurance or risk not being issued a work permit - and possibly being sent back to the UK on the next flight (though that would be unlikely).