IEC 2014 Queries

Old Dec 1st 2013, 11:17 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014 Queries

Sorry, I have a couple of extra questions relating to the police certificate (feel free to combine my posts)

I have seen people say get your police certificate done before they release the quota. My question is what would be the reason of spending £45 or so if you don't get a place in IEC (in any of the quotas)

The Police Certificate is not needed until you go through CIC (round 2) when you get your documents/medicals etc together, and you have 3 months to get your documents together from when you are excepted Is that right?

Also with getting my police certificate, if I did get it before they open the WHV and I did not get in for Canada - I want to be able to use the same one to go to New Zealand to show employers (as I work with children) that I have no criminal convictions - the ACPO is not required for New Zealand WHV but I want to make sure I can still use it and it wont say 'Canada' on the certificate when it is returned.

Any help would be great
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

DrCitrus is an unknown quantity at this point

3 hours?! Did they give any warning last year before the first round opened? If youre working how are you supposed to prepare for it if they dont?
Im hoping that they will make an announcement the day before it opens and then open the application at 9am, cos if they open it at midday i can kiss my visa byebye
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 7:22 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrCitrus
3 hours?! Did they give any warning last year before the first round opened? If youre working how are you supposed to prepare for it if they dont?
Im hoping that they will make an announcement the day before it opens and then open the application at 9am, cos if they open it at midday i can kiss my visa byebye
Best thing is to keep checking every few hours, I'm generally stuck in an office for most of the day but not all the time. If you miss round one they will announce rounds 2 and 3. I'm taking my iPad everywhere now

I have noticed BUNAC are starting their programme for the Canadian visa. I was told a few years ago you reserved your place with BUNAC for the visa - not anymore though.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 7:36 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Sorry, I have a couple of extra questions relating to the police certificate (feel free to combine my posts)

I have seen people say get your police certificate done before they release the quota. My question is what would be the reason of spending £45 or so if you don't get a place in IEC (in any of the quotas)

The Police Certificate is not needed until you go through CIC (round 2) when you get your documents/medicals etc together, and you have 3 months to get your documents together from when you are excepted Is that right?

Also with getting my police certificate, if I did get it before they open the WHV and I did not get in for Canada - I want to be able to use the same one to go to New Zealand to show employers (as I work with children) that I have no criminal convictions - the ACPO is not required for New Zealand WHV but I want to make sure I can still use it and it wont say 'Canada' on the certificate when it is returned.

Any help would be great
Correct no point in getting the police check as it is required for stage 2.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Correct no point in getting the police check as it is required for stage 2.
Same for health insurance? Dunno how long that takes to sort out but I imagine its alright to get it sorted once you have your visa place reserved
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Im shaping my cv to their template thats on the website atm, what format does it need to be saved in? Ive got the passport photo as a .PDF too
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 8:15 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Same for health insurance? Dunno how long that takes to sort out but I imagine its alright to get it sorted once you have your visa place reserved
Travel insurance is required and needs to be shown on arrival to Canada not prior. Should include repatriation to the UK.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 8:16 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Im shaping my cv to their template thats on the website atm, what format does it need to be saved in? Ive got the passport photo as a .PDF too
Doesn't matter if I remember correctly either way it takes 2s to change. Passport photo was in PDF for me.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 2:20 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Default Re: Transitioning from IEC to PR status for graduates

Just wondering what last years applicants did with regards to payment of Stage 1 whilst living in Canada. The F&Qs state payments must be in GBP not CAD, did most people get relatives in the UK to pay etc? A search of the Immigration forum proved unhelpful.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 5:34 pm
Bex in the city

Default Re: Transitioning from IEC to PR status for graduates

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Just wondering what last years applicants did with regards to payment of Stage 1 whilst living in Canada. The F&Qs state payments must be in GBP not CAD, did most people get relatives in the UK to pay etc? A search of the Immigration forum proved unhelpful.
Pay using your UK debit card from a UK bank. ( I don't know if they accept debit/credit cards for payment) but providing you enter your UK bank details I can't understand it being a problem.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it had to be a bank transfer last year.

I wasn't in Canada last year, but I used internet banking from my UK account, which is still active now and I shall be using again next year, as it makes no difference where I am in the world to use it.

However, I remember that IEC just sent along their bank details, and you could just take it down to your branch and pay from any account. You easily get someone else still in the UK to do it for you and pay them back if the internet banking isn't an option for you.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 2:04 am
Weegie in Calgary

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
I believe it had to be a bank transfer last year.

I wasn't in Canada last year, but I used internet banking from my UK account, which is still active now and I shall be using again next year, as it makes no difference where I am in the world to use it.

However, I remember that IEC just sent along their bank details, and you could just take it down to your branch and pay from any account. You easily get someone else still in the UK to do it for you and pay them back if the internet banking isn't an option for you.
Yeah but I remember there being no end of problems/complaints from people and their online banking not taking the reference numbers etc etc seems like my only choice
Old Dec 5th 2013, 8:21 am
Bex in the city

At least thats still better then a few years ago. When my ex did it his payment had to go to the embassy in Paris - I remember it was a nightmare.

Sounds like its easier to get it done in your bank branch at least then you can ask them for the details to show payment has been sent (including reference) that IEC require.

I thought a bank transfer cost money to international accounts? Does anyone know how much?
Old Dec 5th 2013, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

IM_A_FREEMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application/Funds

Hi everyone

Brand new to this website but I found this thread instantly so I just thought I'd see if anyone could give me some advice

I'm planning on applying next year. Obviously as soon as it opens! I'm checking the website every day for more info its driving me mad haha!

Anyway my question is when you apply for the working visa is do you have to show your proof of funds at the time you apply for your visa i.e. do i have to have to equivalent of 2500 Canadian dollars when the applications open early next year or do I just have to show that I have those funds when I actually arrive in Canada next year?

If anyone could clear this up for me it would really help me out!
Old Dec 5th 2013, 3:14 pm
Bex in the city

Default Re: Application/Funds

Originally Posted by IM_A_FREEMAN
Hi everyone

Brand new to this website but I found this thread instantly so I just thought I'd see if anyone could give me some advice

I'm planning on applying next year. Obviously as soon as it opens! I'm checking the website every day for more info its driving me mad haha!

Anyway my question is when you apply for the working visa is do you have to show your proof of funds at the time you apply for your visa i.e. do i have to have to equivalent of 2500 Canadian dollars when the applications open early next year or do I just have to show that I have those funds when I actually arrive in Canada next year?

If anyone could clear this up for me it would really help me out!
It is when you arrive in Canada at the border, they may ask for proof of funds. This may help you:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca.../faq.aspx#acnt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.