IEC 2013

Old Nov 9th 2013, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Medicals are valid for a year.

You would still need to have an up front medical if you apply for the 2014 IEC and wish to work with children, prior to the IEC work permit being issued.

Okay i'll book an appointment, thank you! Any idea on the price?
Old Nov 9th 2013, 6:08 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Medicals are valid for a year.

You would still need to have an up front medical if you apply for the 2014 IEC and wish to work with children, prior to the IEC work permit being issued.

That's what I need to do here I'm a youth worker and a children's residential worker my medical is going to around £300 ( i phoned up one of the recognised doctors on IEC list
Old Nov 9th 2013, 6:14 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

So could the quota for 2014 possibly go down this year?

If I went for visa in first batch, had the ACPO and medical to do as well as all the usual stuff - what is the usual time from the start to getting a LOI if having medical?
Old Nov 14th 2013, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

RyanC741 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there people,

Would love some help from you guys if at all possible, its a bit of a nightmare this whole process...

Basically I was on the reserved list of the third round of applications this year, I eventually got an email from IEC saying there were still spaces available so I finalized and sent my application last month.

The thing is at the actual time of sending my finalized work application away I was in implied status, This is because I have been in Canada already for 9 months and before my 6 month tourist visa ran out I sent away for an extension which was eventually granted until late December, but at the time of sending sending my work app off I had not yet had the tourist extension granted as I was still waiting for the response.

Unfortunately I received an email back from IEC last week saying my application was rejected due to -

"You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa office in another country"

Does anybody have any experience with applying while in implied status? do you think that may be the reason?

Sorry about the long post, I guess mine is quite a complex one...
Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:43 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by RyanC741
Hi there people,

Would love some help from you guys if at all possible, its a bit of a nightmare this whole process...

Basically I was on the reserved list of the third round of applications this year, I eventually got an email from IEC saying there were still spaces available so I finalized and sent my application last month.

The thing is at the actual time of sending my finalized work application away I was in implied status, This is because I have been in Canada already for 9 months and before my 6 month tourist visa ran out I sent away for an extension which was eventually granted until late December, but at the time of sending sending my work app off I had not yet had the tourist extension granted as I was still waiting for the response.

Unfortunately I received an email back from IEC last week saying my application was rejected due to -

"You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa office in another country"

Does anybody have any experience with applying while in implied status? do you think that may be the reason?

Sorry about the long post, I guess mine is quite a complex one...
I will take a guess, that you may have put Canada as your country of residence, if you did, it would have been rejected. You should have put England as your country of residence,
Old Nov 15th 2013, 8:37 am
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

I was on implied status / had a visitors record when I applied earlier this year. Put I was living in Canada and had no problems. Though I did include a letter explaining all of this in that section where you can provide extra information.

I know of others in the same position too who had no problems. I'm sorry to hear that this wasn't the case for you. Can you appeal / re-submit stage 2 again? Maybe CIC changed its rules which sucks if they have.

Edit - just to clarify did you get the correct forms? You have to put "England" when doing that Wizard thing, but on your actual forms you tell the truth that you're in Canada. I know a lot of people were making the mistake of putting "Canada" in the wizard and as a result they applied for the wrong permit / got rejected.

Last edited by jennellapea; Nov 15th 2013 at 8:40 am.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Ah no way, It seems this is the case, in Current country of residence I put Canada, what a costly mistake. It obviously has on there that im a British citizen I thought that was how I was meant to fill it. Damn!!

Thanks for your response, do you know how it would be possible to appeal at all or submit stage 2 again at all?

Last edited by RyanC741; Nov 15th 2013 at 9:58 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks alot, it just seems I can just send off the whole section 2 again, you're a lifesaver thanks.

Thats the problem then on the wizard thing it asks:

Whats you current country of residence?
If you are presently in Canada you should select Canada.

Pretty confusing that second line, weird.
Thanks alot

Last edited by RyanC741; Nov 15th 2013 at 10:08 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 3:56 am
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RyanC741
Thanks alot, it just seems I can just send off the whole section 2 again, you're a lifesaver thanks.

Thats the problem then on the wizard thing it asks:

Whats you current country of residence?
If you are presently in Canada you should select Canada.

Pretty confusing that second line, weird.
Thanks alot
Put whichever country you're from in the UK. Fill the wizard out as if you're back home but then when you get the forms obviously put Canada and the status you hold here.

Good luck.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a question, regarding this 'country of residence' confusion. I understand why you are all saying certain visas got rejected for putting Canada as a country of residence, and people are advising to put your home country down (and tell the truth later on the actual application). I'm Irish, but living in the UK. Should I still put Ireland down as country of residence, or should I put UK on it first, and Ireland at the later stage?
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes reading the IEC instructions help
2. What address should I use for my “mailing address”, “residential address” and “permanent address” on my IEC application form?

The “mailing address” is the address where you wish to receive any correspondence from International Experience Canada during or after the application process. Your mailing and residential addresses can be the same.

The “residential address” on the IEC application is the address where you are currently living. For example, if you are currently in Canada participating in the IEC and are submitting a new application, we recommend that you put your Canadian residential address in this field. The “permanent address” is the address where you live on permanent basis. This should be a U.K. address.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...faq.aspx#uk1-6
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Sometimes reading the IEC instructions help
2. What address should I use for my “mailing address”, “residential address” and “permanent address” on my IEC application form?

The “mailing address” is the address where you wish to receive any correspondence from International Experience Canada during or after the application process. Your mailing and residential addresses can be the same.

The “residential address” on the IEC application is the address where you are currently living. For example, if you are currently in Canada participating in the IEC and are submitting a new application, we recommend that you put your Canadian residential address in this field. The “permanent address” is the address where you live on permanent basis. This should be a U.K. address.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...faq.aspx#uk1-6
A-ha, so that clears that up then, I should put UK on it. I'm assuming that later in the process, during the CIC part, is when we declare any dependents travelling with us?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Olly90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello its been a while since I have posted I've had a tough year with a family death, and haven't activated my POE yet, if all things go to plan I will arrive in February before my visa expires, Just have a quick is the IEC now a 2 year visa for UK citizens and would I get one when I activate my POE ?

Because i saw this article,

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2012-...isas-for-irish

Any reply would be great thanks
Old Nov 20th 2013, 1:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olly90
Hello its been a while since I have posted I've had a tough year with a family death, and haven't activated my POE yet, if all things go to plan I will arrive in February before my visa expires, Just have a quick is the IEC now a 2 year visa for UK citizens and would I get one when I activate my POE ?

Because i saw this article,

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2012-...isas-for-irish

Any reply would be great thanks
That article is about the Irish program?? It's also a year old, those changes were implemented in the beginning of this year for Irish IEC applicants.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Olly90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That article is about the Irish program?? It's also a year old, those changes were implemented in the beginning of this year for Irish IEC applicants.
Hi thanks for the reply i know that the article is about the Irish program but he mentions this in the article,

[/QUOTE]Mr Kenney announced last week that IEC visas granted to UK citizens will also last for two years from 2013

I know its a year old but some UK citizens have been getting 2 year visa's hence why I'm confused.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.