IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:21 am
Just Joined

ScarySquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Originally Posted by iamfriendly
I'm in pretty much the same boat as you, scarySquirrel. We're actually going early May (16th May is our deadline). Fortunately, my impatience will be placated slightly as we're off on holiday to BC in 3 weeks (for a fortnight).

Keep saving, keep making contacts, keep...on keeping on (that's what I keep telling myself!)

Good luck!
I don't think there is possibly anything more I can read about Vancouver online, haha. Seriously I've decided on which bank to use, which mobile network to use, what we're going to do on our first day, where I want to try and get jobs, where I want to live! Yet I still find myself Googling for anything and everything to do with the place

Where are you heading to? I assume you're going to the same place for your holiday? That'll be awesome, have fun
Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

jason4501 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Any news on the IEC Visas for 2013? Are they getting released this month? I'm currently getting my police checks done but have just found out my passport is running out this July. Is it worth renewing it now and risk missing out on the allocation or waiting until after the IEC hopefully gets accepted?

Cheers
Jason
Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jason4501
Hi guys,

Any news on the IEC Visas for 2013? Are they getting released this month? I'm currently getting my police checks done but have just found out my passport is running out this July. Is it worth renewing it now and risk missing out on the allocation or waiting until after the IEC hopefully gets accepted?

Cheers
Jason
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700551

See last few pages of this thread.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

iamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really nice

Thought I'd post in here as it's one of the threads I mentioned I was going to Vancouver.

I have an IEC visa (from the 2012 scheme) and will be activating it on the 9th April. I was lucky enough to be offered a full-time permanent job working for a great Web Development company just outisde of downtown in Vancouver. I could not be more excited.

I have my flight (singular) booked. I have my insurance for 12 months organised (from the 8th april onwards). I have my LOI form printed and I will be obtaining my bank statement a week before I leave. On top of that I have my job offer letter and I've organised an airbnb apartment for the first 5 days (in which I'm hoping to find a more permanent rental condo, if not I'll either find another airbnb or stay with some very generous friends who live in Surrey).

Have I forgotten anything?

Also, anyone in Vancouver fancy a pint on Tuesday 9th April? I suspect I'll be in the mood to celebrate a little (even if I'm a tad jet-lagged).

Rich