IEC 2012 - Child at 4YO

Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

ccrudden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC 2012 - Child at 4YO

hi,

I am going to apply for the IEC 2012 Ireland program and have a child that is 4 years old. My intention for him would be to join a school over there while im on my program. My intention would be to get a permament visa when I am established with my employer.

What would be the best way to file out the forms as it states on the application that all dependants should fill in the form indivudally? As my child is ony 4 what should I do for him,

Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Child at 4YO

Originally Posted by ccrudden
hi,

I am going to apply for the IEC 2012 Ireland program and have a child that is 4 years old. My intention for him would be to join a school over there while im on my program. My intention would be to get a permament visa when I am established with my employer.

What would be the best way to file out the forms as it states on the application that all dependants should fill in the form indivudally? As my child is ony 4 what should I do for him,

Thanks
You'd need to fill out the form for him as well. He'd also need a study permit if you want him to go to school so don't forget that. And don't know if your child's other parent would be going with you as well, but if not don't forget you'll need written permission to remove him from Ireland, or a court order to that effect.

And just checking, but you say you intend to get a permanent visa, but presumably you are aware that there is no way of going from an IEC visa directly to PR? You'd need an interim measure such as a LMO and Temp Work Permit.

HTH.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

ccrudden is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks for the reply, but just to confirm what form do i need to fill in for my son? Persumably i would not need to do a complete application for the IEC for my son also?

Let me know,

Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to apply to the IEC initiative. May my child come with me? What will his/her status be?

Yes, your child may come to Canada with you. However, each of your dependants (spouse/common-law partner/child/children) will have to obtain his/her own status. If your child is under 6 years old, he/she will be considered a visitor. He/she may attend nursery school, as per the system in place in your province/territory of stay. He/she will not have a student status. The Immigration Officer at a Canadian port of entry will ask you to prove that you will be able to provide for the needs of your child during your entire stay in Canada (financial means, fixed accommodation, who will take care of the child while you work, etc.). The duration of your child's visitor status will also be decided at this stage by the Immigration Officer at the border.

If your child is over 6 years old, he/she is of schooling age. It will therefore be obligatory to obtain a study permit for your child before his/her entry to Canada in order for him/her to attend an educational institution in Canada. Your child will consequently have a “student” status. Apply for a study permit.

The Immigration Officer at a port of entry will ask you to prove that you will be able to provide for the needs of your child, who will be considered a student, throughout your entire stay in Canada (financial means, fixed accommodation, who will take care of the child while you work, etc.). The duration of your child's status will also be decided at this stage by the Immigration Officer at the border.

NOTE: If you are going to Canada under the IEC initiative, without the other parent, and your child is a minor, you must read carefully the information provided by the Visa Section of the Canadian High Commission in the UK for you will also have to prove that you are authorized to travel alone with your child

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...view=d#Spouses