I got my IELTS results

Old Dec 10th 2014, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Toneb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I got my IELTS results

Hey. Just found out my IELTS results are;

Listening: 8.5 Reading: 8.5 Writing: 7.5 Speaking: 8.5 Overall: 8.5

I am a English native speaker btw. What does this mean for immigration? Is this a pass? Not sure how it converts to points. Cheers in advance.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:07 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got my IELTS results

Did you do this in Canada or outside? Can you do the IELTS online then?

What route in express entry are you applying for?
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:13 am
Just Joined

I done the test outside of Canada in Scotland. I was going to try the FSWP route.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:17 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toneb
I done the test outside of Canada in Scotland. I was going to try the FSWP route.
So you done the test outside of Canada. Good for you.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

'Did' the test.

OK, so for FSW you can check the points yourself by just going to the language section of the points info - Language testing – Federal skilled workers

Are you going to try and get an application in before the end of the month? Best of luck with it.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
So you done the test outside of Canada. Good for you.
???
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:22 am
Just Joined

I didn't even notice my grammar mistake there lol
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:29 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. When I looked for available slots in vancouver there is nothing available within this month!

How far in advanced did you book it?
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Well done. When I looked for available slots in vancouver there is nothing available within this month!

How far in advanced did you book it?
Do check regularly for cancellations, they come up quite often.

HTH.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:32 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Do check regularly for cancellations, they come up quite often.

HTH.
Thanks. I'm using this site:

Home - CELPIP - Canadian English Language Test

Is that the correct one?
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:37 am
Just Joined

'Did' the test.

OK, so for FSW you can check the points yourself by just going to the language section of the points info - Language testing – Federal skilled workers

Are you going to try and get an application in before the end of the month? Best of luck with it.
Hey. No I booked the exam for applying under the new express system in 2015. But the issue I am having now is that I might just go for an IEC instead. Doesn't hurt to have the IELTS qualification though.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks. I'm using this site:

Home - CELPIP - Canadian English Language Test

Is that the correct one?
Not if you want IELTS, as that's CELPIP - they're two different things.

For IELTS here is the website you need - http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information.aspx

I've just looked and they seem to have availability for exams in Vancouver in December.

HTH.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hey. No I booked the exam for applying under the new express system in 2015. But the issue I am having now is that I might just go for an IEC instead. Doesn't hurt to have the IELTS qualification though.
It really doesn't, it'll be valid for 2 years for Canadian immigration purposes anyway, so even if you go over on an IEC (which would be a great option if you're young enough) then you can use it when you do apply for PR.

Good luck.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 4:04 am
Bex in the city

Not if you want IELTS, as that's CELPIP - they're two different things.

For IELTS here is the website you need - http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information.aspx
Ok so what was I looking at as I google IELTS canada immigration into Google. Was on CIC webpage for FSW and it had CELPIP as a link and within that they say it's for immigration for FSW, CEC and PNP??

Shame as it was $265 for the test. This one is $300
Old Dec 10th 2014, 4:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Was on CIC webpage for FSW and it had CELPIP as a link and within that they say it's for immigration for FSW, CEC and PNP??
Yes, CELPIP is, as is IELTS. Both are valid, as per this page on the CIC website about FSW - Language testing – Federal skilled workers (also on the page about PNP - Language requirements – Provincial nominees or CEC - Language testing – Canadian Experience Class)

HTH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.