I got my IELTS results

Old Dec 10th 2014, 4:45 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got my IELTS results

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, CELPIP is, as is IELTS. Both are valid, as per this page on the CIC website about FSW - Language testing – Federal skilled workers (also on the page about PNP - Language requirements – Provincial nominees or CEC - Language testing – Canadian Experience Class)

HTH.
Ah I see. One is canadian english and the other is international.

I'll go with the latter. Thanks for the link. I'll try and book something for February. Just had a look at the sample test stuff. Really doesn't look that bad to be honest.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

I did the Cel-pip because when booking Ielts, they wanted copies of this and that and had to get my own photos done and post it all to Montreal.
With Cel-pip turn up on the day with relevant paperwork, they do your pics, no extra charge.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

The IELTS in Vancouver didn't need me to mail anything. They take your photo on the day you book your test (about a month before the test date), show them some ID and you pay your fee.

From what I understand the only difference is that the speaking part of the IELTS is with an actual person and CELPIP is done with a computer.

I got to tell my examiner a lovely story about my friend petting bumblebees.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 5:25 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheAwesomeMatt
The IELTS in Vancouver didn't need me to mail anything. They take your photo on the day you book your test (about a month before the test date), show them some ID and you pay your fee.
I git the paperwork from IELTS at SFU downtown today. Doesn't say anything about posting stuff off. Register and pay your fee with your passport at least 7 days before and Just turn up with your passport on the day.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I git the paperwork from IELTS at SFU downtown today. Doesn't say anything about posting stuff off. Register and pay your fee with your passport at least 7 days before and Just turn up with your passport on the day.
I'm in Calgary and that was the procedure here last January trying to book it online and I rang Montreal to confirm having to send everything.
Also here, you could not do it all in 1 day, it was split into 2 days.
The Ielts was about $80 more as well.
The good thing about the ielts is the speaking to a human not a flaming computer like Cel-pip.