I Couldn't help it!!!

Old Mar 19th 2005, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default I Couldn't help it!!!

Well today I went to the emigrate show at Sandown park....I know I said I wouldn't waste the £10 entrance fee....But I went and surprisingly it was quite good...The guys from CHC are friendly, over worked and normal...and there is a lot of useful info to be had at the show...For those starting out down the immigration road....Go Go Go to this show, there are the obvious immigration lawyers there, realtors, investment people, removal companies, and other guys who will help you with gaining employment...personally I don't think you should miss it.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

bazza2154 will become famous soon enoughbazza2154 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I Couldn't help it!!!

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Well today I went to the emigrate show at Sandown park....I know I said I wouldn't waste the £10 entrance fee....But I went and surprisingly it was quite good...The guys from CHC are friendly, over worked and normal...and there is a lot of useful info to be had at the show...For those starting out down the immigration road....Go Go Go to this show, there are the obvious immigration lawyers there, realtors, investment people, removal companies, and other guys who will help you with gaining employment...personally I don't think you should miss it.
Thanks Frankie

Going today, there has been a lot of negative feedback on this site regarding this show and the wife even sugested spending the weekend decorating instead of going.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:43 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, What dates do the show run between? is there a website i can get info from?
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Hi, What dates do the show run between? is there a website i can get info from?
Today (sunday) is the last day....Started friday. So you'll have to wait until next year.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bazza2154
Thanks Frankie

Going today, there has been a lot of negative feedback on this site regarding this show and the wife even sugested spending the weekend decorating instead of going.
Take a bunch of flowers for the ladies @ the CHC desk....You never know!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:27 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

I agree with you Frankie, we went yesterday and thought it was well worth the money. I left my resume with one job search company who feel they maybe able to help out.

Alberta was well represented with various stands pushing their province. If things don't work out in Ontario with us, Alberta maybe the place to go.

Regards, Steve
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
I agree with you Frankie, we went yesterday and thought it was well worth the money. I left my resume with one job search company who feel they maybe able to help out.

Alberta was well represented with various stands pushing their province. If things don't work out in Ontario with us, Alberta maybe the place to go.

Regards, Steve
Hi Steve,
We spoke to loads of people yesterday and nearly every stand that we visited we were told that there were loads of people headed for Alberta...especially Calgary...And I think you should consider Alberta...It's fantastic.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 3:37 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

After yesterday we have been looking into Alberta today and it looks really nice. Kind of hoping things don't go to plan in Ontario now

Not really fussed about living in Calgary just a resonable sized town within reach. Have looked on MLS at houses and you seem to get so much more for your money. Can understand why so many people consider Alberta.

Thinking of taking a trip out there in the near future to get a feel for the place.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:06 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Hi Frankie ....... and after all you said .... I'm even tempted to send you some karma.

As for me - two days at the show - and I was offered a job...!!! Unfortunately it was in New Bruswick and we are really set on Alberta. However the guy is so keen he and his wife are coming to lunch with me on Tuesday to see if they can change my mind!!! Even better news is that his brother (or brother in law) is something high up at the City of Calgary so you never know ..... all things come to those who wait ..... and network .... and run the gauntlet of Sandown

Take care! Jen
Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:15 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Wow thats progress!!!!

Go for it, at least you will of landed and you can move on from there.

Best wishes on what you decide to do, Steve
Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:21 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Wow thats progress!!!!

Go for it, at least you will of landed and you can move on from there.

Best wishes on what you decide to do, Steve

Thanks Steve! I was amazed actually. Decided to do the Canadian thing and take a resume (which after weeks of work I had whittled down to one side of A4 ...!!) and I just took a deep breath and started giving it out to all and sundry. It was really hard at first and then I thought - what the hell I may not see any of these people again. Anyway I was staggered when this guy came searching for me the next day. We'll see how lunch goes I guess ............

Our hearts are really set on Alberta though so

Good luck to you guys! Jen
Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jenwren
Hi Frankie ....... and after all you said .... I'm even tempted to send you some karma.

As for me - two days at the show - and I was offered a job...!!! Unfortunately it was in New Bruswick and we are really set on Alberta. However the guy is so keen he and his wife are coming to lunch with me on Tuesday to see if they can change my mind!!! Even better news is that his brother (or brother in law) is something high up at the City of Calgary so you never know ..... all things come to those who wait ..... and network .... and run the gauntlet of Sandown

Take care! Jen
Hi Jen,
Go where your heart takes you.....Jobs are important, but every now and again you always wish that you were somewhere else....So if you're set on Alberta ...do it!!!

If your stuck for somewhere to live....Go to Cochrane, just outside calgary, it's the best one horse town in Alberta.
best wishes and good luck
frankieforehead.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

dawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jenwren
Thanks Steve! I was amazed actually. Decided to do the Canadian thing and take a resume (which after weeks of work I had whittled down to one side of A4 ...!!) and I just took a deep breath and started giving it out to all and sundry. It was really hard at first and then I thought - what the hell I may not see any of these people again. Anyway I was staggered when this guy came searching for me the next day. We'll see how lunch goes I guess ............

Our hearts are really set on Alberta though so

Good luck to you guys! Jen
Excellent...glad you took the initiative. Good luck wherever you decide to settle!