I can't Wait!

Old Mar 20th 2005, 12:31 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Talking I can't Wait!

I don't know how to better describe this, but I can't wait until I move to Vancouver I can't remember the last time I was excited about anything like I am now!

Today I was in Bellingham (near the Canadian border), There is a lot of Canadians who go shopping in that area. Probably 30% of the cars on I-5 in that area have Canadian plates! I almost started waiving to them

I'm also watching Canadian TV more often these days I have to say watching Canadian news is much better for the blood pressure than the "Fair and Balanced" American media!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 1:21 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I can't Wait!

Once you are in Vancouver, stay away from BC herbs.
Don't pick up any girl around east downtown and Hastings St.
We do not want to see you on the "To serve and to protect" TV show caught during John Stink operations
Just kidding dude....Enjoy Vancouver...you earn it

Originally Posted by MJ23
I don't know how to better describe this, but I can't wait until I move to Vancouver I can't remember the last time I was excited about anything like I am now!

Today I was in Bellingham (near the Canadian border), There is a lot of Canadians who go shopping in that area. Probably 30% of the cars on I-5 in that area have Canadian plates! I almost started waiving to them

I'm also watching Canadian TV more often these days I have to say watching Canadian news is much better for the blood pressure than the "Fair and Balanced" American media!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

dawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant future

You know, having seen soooooo much negativity on these boards lately...it is a breath of fresh air to hear someone soooo excited about moving!!

Even as a Canadian...I was beginning to wonder what I was doing planning to go back!! But you restored my faith and my excitement!!

Just for that you get some Karma from me!!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 11:56 am
whm
Forum Regular

whm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant future

Here I go with my "representing Canadians" schtick again, but MJ23, I am personally DELIGHTED to hear that you are so excited about coming to this country. Hey, I've lived here all my life, and being on this forum at times makes me think - welllll - maybe it isn't so great here...maybe I should be emigrating...LOL!!...but then people like you and Tiaribbon and Maple Leaf come along (and I'm sure there are lots of others) who I know will love it here and my faith is restored.

Best of luck with the move!! And please don't join the "I hate Ottawa" campaign. Not all of us work for the government of the day!!

Cheers,

whm
Old Mar 20th 2005, 3:53 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whm
Here I go with my "representing Canadians" schtick again, but MJ23, I am personally DELIGHTED to hear that you are so excited about coming to this country. Hey, I've lived here all my life, and being on this forum at times makes me think - welllll - maybe it isn't so great here...maybe I should be emigrating...LOL!!...but then people like you and Tiaribbon and Maple Leaf come along (and I'm sure there are lots of others) who I know will love it here and my faith is restored.

Best of luck with the move!! And please don't join the "I hate Ottawa" campaign. Not all of us work for the government of the day!!

Cheers,

whm
I am in the same mood as u MJ23!!
I cant wait to go to montreal......................
HEY!! come quickly 'O Passport
Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:24 pm
The ECA Godfather

Thank you all, and thanks for the Karma points

Every place on Earth has its negatives and positives. Although I'm very excited about moving to Canada, I'm still realistic about the move. I know there will be a period of adjustment because Canada is not the US I'm going to appraoch this period of adjustment as a new adventure! We all need to get out of our comfort zone every once and a while!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

vetal is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that we are on this thread...... What differences are we talking about here? Its bit too late for me to ask this question as I'll be in Vancouver early next month, but anyway....
Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:34 pm
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by vetal
Now that we are on this thread...... What differences are we talking about here? Its bit too late for me to ask this question as I'll be in Vancouver early next month, but anyway....
We have to wait and see! What is bad for me might be good for you. That's why, I wouldn't make any judgement until I see for myself!

For example, Taxes are generally higher than the US, but health care and benefits in Canada are better. It all depends on what is more important to you!

What is important to me is that the standard of living is equivalent to that of the US. I don't mind a smaller pay check. Having the security of permanent residence status, high quality of living and a smaller pay check is more than worth it to me!