HRDC: is bravery a skill?

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Bingo Little is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HRDC: is bravery a skill?

I'm a brit in canada waiting for my open work permit application to be processed along with my TR papers. It's taking so long I'm thinking of trying to obtain a work permit in the meantime through the HRDC. I've read some of the threads on this subject, and I understand that the employer must prove to the HRDC that no other Canadian has the skills you have and is prepared to do the job, and that the job has been advertised nationwide for three months. But what if you're prepared to do something no canadian is prepared to do, even though they could do it if they were dumb enough??? Something the pits, like turd-sifting??? If an employer can show that they have had a job open to all canadians for three months and can't fill it, or can't fill the quota (eg the kinds of jobs where they have an ad up permanently coz they never have enough people) is this likley to be considered by the HRDC, or does this route apply only to real 'skills'?
Cheers, Bingo
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: HRDC: is bravery a skill?

Originally Posted by Bingo Little
I'm a brit in canada waiting for my open work permit application to be processed along with my TR papers. It's taking so long I'm thinking of trying to obtain a work permit in the meantime through the HRDC. I've read some of the threads on this subject, and I understand that the employer must prove to the HRDC that no other Canadian has the skills you have and is prepared to do the job, and that the job has been advertised nationwide for three months. But what if you're prepared to do something no canadian is prepared to do, even though they could do it if they were dumb enough??? Something the pits, like turd-sifting??? If an employer can show that they have had a job open to all canadians for three months and can't fill it, or can't fill the quota (eg the kinds of jobs where they have an ad up permanently coz they never have enough people) is this likley to be considered by the HRDC, or does this route apply only to real 'skills'?
Cheers, Bingo
Come on, can't anyone help me out?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:49 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bingo

Cheers, Bingo
Nice try, no cigar, it has to be a skilled occupation.

PMM
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Bingo

Nice try, no cigar, it has to be a skilled occupation.

PMM
Oh well
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Oh well
I suppose framing skills and the like are not specific enough???
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

I suppose framing skills and the like are not specific enough???
unless you have qualifications???