Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How many different fees for pemanent res?

How many different fees for pemanent res?

Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

sgbolt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many different fees for pemanent res?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I find the immigration website spectaculary over complicated and usually lose the will to live before I find the thing I am looking for!!

I have sent a fee with my original application for permanent residence, it cost $1,250.00 for me my wife and young daughter.

I have since received med request and it states "If you have not done so, please submit Permanent residence fee" and directs me to the website. (I start looking a noose)

Is the fee I paid, the Prominent residence fee or a processing fee, as referred to in the 90 day letter "you must submit a processing fee, photographs, and copies of birth.."

I hope this makes sense!! All help will much appreciated.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many different fees for pemanent res?

Have you used this tool on the CIC website? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/efee/efee.do

According to that, your total fees should be $2155 for the 3 of you, so you've obviously missed a fee off somewhere!! I would assume it's the Right of Permanent Landing fee ($490 x 2 - don't think you have to pay it for your daughter although do check that).
Old Mar 17th 2009, 2:00 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Christmasoompa is correct - you dont need to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee for dependent children who are under 18. So $490 each for both Principal Applicant ans Spouse.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

I am likewise confused by this - and I have tried to follow the instructions. I have everything together that was requested in 120 day letter and was going to send it last weekend until I noticed this bit about fees. We had also paid about $1550 and then I noticed the Right of Permanent Residence fee i.e.2x $490. I went to the bank yesterday and ordered a draft but it may not be here before the end of the week which is when all the documents have to be in London. What does anyone else think - hold off in the hope it comes or send the rest of the paperwork without it?
Thanks!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:02 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merry
I am likewise confused by this - and I have tried to follow the instructions. I have everything together that was requested in 120 day letter and was going to send it last weekend until I noticed this bit about fees. We had also paid about $1550 and then I noticed the Right of Permanent Residence fee i.e.2x $490. I went to the bank yesterday and ordered a draft but it may not be here before the end of the week which is when all the documents have to be in London. What does anyone else think - hold off in the hope it comes or send the rest of the paperwork without it?
Thanks!
I screwed up too.

My new neighbour irishsamx paid for PR processing and landing at the same time.
I made a mistake and only sent PR processing. Not to miss a trick, they asked for the rest when they called for medicals. They have a form with lots of boxes. They tick the ones they need you to sort out.

If I recall our PRs were about 550 per adult and landing fees 450 per adult. Give or take a bit. Hundred here, hundred there for the kids for PRs.

Looks like its pretty routine for folks to forget _something_. CIC looks like they tolerate minor slipups like that if you check out otherwise.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: How many different fees for pemanent res?

Thanks - that's really helpful, I didn't know how strict they'd be
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:17 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

If it make anyone feel any better the Right of PR (landing) fees are now only half what they used to be. When I applied in 2005 I paid $975 per adult. They are now a mere $490 .
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:39 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NSpaul
If it make anyone feel any better the Right of PR (landing) fees are now only half what they used to be. When I applied in 2005 I paid $975 per adult. They are now a mere $490 .
Yep.

Better news is that Harper promised to "phase out" the landing fee altogether with this reduction the first step. And if Harper promised it then it must be right. Right? Oh, wait...
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

sgbolt is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your responses. As we were running out of time, we ordered a bankers draft that we will drop in by hand tomorrow, just to be on the safe side. It's reassuring to know that I am not alone in my confusion!!

All the best.