How long are things valid?

Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:22 am
Just Joined

ScienceGeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long are things valid?

Hi, just wondering, since the queue seems to moving faster now. We got AOR in nov 07. Would there be any point in getting the french test now, and the letters from all past employers? Or would they not be valid if it was still another year away from us getting our 120 day letter?
Any idea if it would be less than a year, is there anything we could get ready now?

Thank you
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all
Default Re: How long are things valid?

Originally Posted by ScienceGeek
Hi, just wondering, since the queue seems to moving faster now. We got AOR in nov 07. Would there be any point in getting the french test now, and the letters from all past employers? Or would they not be valid if it was still another year away from us getting our 120 day letter?
Any idea if it would be less than a year, is there anything we could get ready now?

Thank you
I think the French test is valid for a year, so you might want to wait for that. I can't see any harm in collecting copies of contracts and references from previous jobs, and education certificates etc, as these will still be up to date in a year or more. I wouldn't get anything from your current employer though, as an old reference from a current job would look odd.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:30 am
Just Joined

ScienceGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks Mark,

for the education certificates, I couldn't quite understand form the cic site, do they want my actual certificate or a notorized copy?

That is good that we can go about getting the employment references now, that may take some time! do you really need one of their business cards also?!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ScienceGeek
many thanks Mark,

for the education certificates, I couldn't quite understand form the cic site, do they want my actual certificate or a notorized copy?

That is good that we can go about getting the employment references now, that may take some time! do you really need one of their business cards also?!
From recollection they need a notarised copy of the certificate and an original transcript (though why they need the certificate if they are getting an original transcript, who knows?). The transcript also needs to be in an envelope sealed by the uni.

I hope they don't need business cards, as most of my employers refused this but were happy to include their contact details in the reference and for CHC to contact them if they need more info. Hopefully that will be enough.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

hi,

the new 90 day letter from london does not require the documents to be notarised and neither does it say anything about business cards, although i know that the old requirements requested notarising documents and business cards .. i didnt do either (as per the 90 day letter) and got my med request last week. i sent photocopies of absolutely everything (including my degree certificates, which were not in a sealed envelope either), except the police certificate.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by z030209
hi,

the new 90 day letter from london does not require the documents to be notarised and neither does it say anything about business cards, .
But the London Visa Office Guidance for the new FSW programme specifies both.