Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How does CIC update the count of complete applications?

How does CIC update the count of complete applications?

Old Aug 27th 2013, 11:25 am
Just Joined

dharmesh312 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How does CIC update the count of complete applications?

The count updated on the CIC website includes only those whose fees has been charged or it includes everyone whose application is complete and yet in the queue for charging the fees?
Old Aug 27th 2013, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: How does CIC update the count of complete applications?

Originally Posted by dharmesh312
The count updated on the CIC website includes only those whose fees has been charged or it includes everyone whose application is complete and yet in the queue for charging the fees?
My understanding is that it is all the applications which have passed the completeness check. If you fall within the cap after the completeness check they're not going to check again when the clerk has to process your fee.

However, please do not completely rely on the figures on the CIC website for completed applications.

There's likely to be many, many more applications received than the current totals and it is fair to assume that CIC are not opening today's applications. If I had to guess looking at how the rates have been rising I'd say they're probably still opening June's.

Wayne.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 4:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does CIC update the count of complete applications?

Originally Posted by Waggle
However, please do not completely rely on the figures on the CIC website for completed applications.

There's likely to be many, many more applications received than the current totals and it is fair to assume that CIC are not opening today's applications. If I had to guess looking at how the rates have been rising I'd say they're probably still opening June's.
+1.

But having the fees taken means nothing anyway, we've had lots of people on the forum who've had fees taken and assumed their application is ok, only to find it's later been rejected or returned for being incomplete. The fees part seems to come first, so I'd assume that the numbers are for those that have had the fees taken.