How do we prove we will leave??

Old Mar 20th 2005, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do we prove we will leave??

We have just got back from our fact finding trip to New Brunswick, and all thoughts of having a holiday went straight out the window on about day 3, when I got offered a job!!!

Yes, a job (and it relates to IT). We are still in shock as we never thought we would have any hope of getting something like this, especially in little old NB.

Our skilled worker PR application is approaching 1 year since AOR, and we have had very good signs that the job offer will be validated by HRDC because it is very specific to my experience.

Having just read through the work permit paperwork, it makes a big point of saying that you have to show you will leave the country after the permit runs out. Does anyone have any idea how to show our intentions, because our PR should be due at some point in the next six months while we are in Canada. We have also put an offer for a house, and if that all goes through, will they ever believe we will leave?

Does anybody know the processing time for work permits through London?

Any thoughts greatfully received.

Cheers
Steve and Penny
Old Mar 20th 2005, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

dawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant future
Default Re: How do we prove we will leave??

Originally Posted by SAW 04
We have just got back from our fact finding trip to New Brunswick, and all thoughts of having a holiday went straight out the window on about day 3, when I got offered a job!!!

Yes, a job (and it relates to IT). We are still in shock as we never thought we would have any hope of getting something like this, especially in little old NB.

Our skilled worker PR application is approaching 1 year since AOR, and we have had very good signs that the job offer will be validated by HRDC because it is very specific to my experience.

Having just read through the work permit paperwork, it makes a big point of saying that you have to show you will leave the country after the permit runs out. Does anyone have any idea how to show our intentions, because our PR should be due at some point in the next six months while we are in Canada. We have also put an offer for a house, and if that all goes through, will they ever believe we will leave?

Does anybody know the processing time for work permits through London?

Any thoughts greatfully received.

Cheers
Steve and Penny
Sorry I can't answer a single one of your questions...but just simply wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!

It's so nice to hear even more good news!!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 2:18 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Not an answer, but when my other half was offered a job we sent a copy to CIC to sit with our file. They do have a section for 'offer of employment' as well as the HRDC approved 'arranged employment'.

This can only strengthen your case, and the HRDC approval can be sent afterwards.

You are in a strong position as your file will surely soon be viewed by a CIC officer under the initial assessment process. Get in there !!!

Good luck, bet you feel great eh ?

Rich.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

[/QUOTE]

I would surmise by showing ties still back in your home country.>>>~??
home ownership..family..work commitments..(for when you return)..bank accounts....other assests........things along this kind of line of thinking is what i imagine they could be looking for.

I am by no means no expert...but i hope this is helpful in some way.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:14 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
I would surmise by showing ties still back in your home country.>>>~??
home ownership..family..work commitments..(for when you return)..bank accounts....other assests........things along this kind of line of thinking is what i imagine they could be looking for.

I am by no means no expert...but i hope this is helpful in some way.
[/QUOTE]

Canada Immigration recognizes dual intent, in that you can be applying for PR and you are offered a certified "temp" job offer. There is usually no problems in having a work permit and applying for PR, it is done all the time. As long as your skill set is a match for the job and the employer demonstrates that after advertising s/he was unable to find a cc or pr, you should be ok.

PMM
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:29 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Not really got any knowledge about how long Work Permits take to come through, but when we applied for Study Permits, we sent a cover letter to CHC saying that if for any reason our PR application was denied then of course we would leave Canada at the end of the 3 years when the permits ran out. That seemed to suffice as the permits came through within a few days. I think Work Permits take much longer though?