Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Hi, FSW - how long after submission of docs to London?

Hi, FSW - how long after submission of docs to London?

Old Aug 14th 2009, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

michelle101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi, FSW - how long after submission of docs to London?

Hi,

We have just received our FSW 120 day letter, does anybody have an idea of timeframe on how long it will take after submission of supporting documents to London?

We are recent applicants, applied to Sydney in May.

It's nail biting stuff!

Last edited by michelle101; Aug 14th 2009 at 2:02 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:22 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi, FSW - how long after submission of docs to London?

We have this thread running, http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604046, as the system is so new we have no idea how long this is going to take.....

Good luck!
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

michelle101 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
Old Aug 14th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough

Trackitt is useful resource for checking application timelines. But as others have commented, the process is so new it's difficult to spot trends yet.

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immig...killed-workers
Old Aug 15th 2009, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michelle101
Hi,

We have just received our FSW 120 day letter, does anybody have an idea of timeframe on how long it will take after submission of supporting documents to London?

We are recent applicants, applied to Sydney in May.

It's nail biting stuff!
Hi Michelle
Welcome to the forum, I'm in the same boat as you but looking at your timeline I am just a few months ahead. I would think once you've summited your 120 day suppporting doc's ( sooner the better ) to CHC London you should receive your AOR within 4-8 weeks and if CHC are satified with your file then a Medical request will be sent to you around 3-4 month after your AOR, then the final stage would be a passport request once CHC are happy with your med' results this passport request could be around 1-2 months after medicals. Please note the above timelines are only a rough guide and are based on the timelines of other forum members and that each application is processed individually but CHC do estimate the complete process to take around 6-12 month. A few members on the forum who applied at the back of last year have already reached the passport request stage.
Hope this info helps a little .
regards
Joinerboy
Old Aug 15th 2009, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi Michelle
Welcome to the forum, I'm in the same boat as you but looking at your timeline I am just a few months ahead. I would think once you've summited your 120 day suppporting doc's ( sooner the better ) to CHC London you should receive your AOR within 4-8 weeks and if CHC are satified with your file then a Medical request will be sent to you around 3-4 month after your AOR, then the final stage would be a passport request once CHC are happy with your med' results this passport request could be around 1-2 months after medicals. Please note the above timelines are only a rough guide and are based on the timelines of other forum members and that each application is processed individually but CHC do estimate the complete process to take around 6-12 month. A few members on the forum who applied at the back of last year have already reached the passport request stage.
Hope this info helps a little .
regards
Joinerboy
Hi Michelle,
We just received our AOR today after sending our docs 19 days ago so we were pleasantly surprised at quite a quick response, we now have the agonising wait as does Joinerboy and loads others to see if we have scored the necessary points etc and get the all important medicals request. Get those docs sorted and sent and join the nailbiting que
Gotta smile cos if you let it the stress will get to ya
Good luck to all
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mags
I pleased to hear you've received your AOR, mine took about 2 week after sending my doc's in to London but since then others have reported longer waiting times for receipt of AOR so yours seems to have been pretty quick. Let's hope we don't have to wait too long now for our medicals ( if lucky to get a request ) . What's your ecas file say ?
Regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Aug 15th 2009 at 9:31 am.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi Mags
I pleased to hear you've received your AOR, mine took about 2 week after sending my doc's in to London but since then others have reported longer waiting times for receipt of AOR so yours seems to have been pretty quick. Let's hope we don't have to wait too long now for our medicals ( if lucky to get a request ) . What's your ecas file say ?
Regards
Joinerboy
Hasn't changed buddy, still on Sydney eligibilty confirmed bollocks lol. The wait for the points thing is gonna kill me pal, hoping the best for us both mate, hopefully we'll get our meds soon U should have yours fairly soon, best wishes anyway, let us know, I know you will
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Like you I'm just hoping my points stack up with CHC after the bad news spaceace recently received who knows. I let you know if I hear anything buddy.
Regards
Joinerboy