Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HELP! Question about PR application

HELP! Question about PR application

Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

sheng26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP! Question about PR application

Hi all. I hope someone can help me here. When I checked my status application online (CIC on-line services) on the 15th of Sept, it says a decision has been made on my application and that the office will contact me concerning this decision. Medical results have already been received. It has been 10 days now and still no word from them. The wait is killing me. Are they gonna phone me or write to me? It's so worrying. Also, if I do get a letter from them how do I make an appointment to bring our passport (me and my daughter) to the embassy for the VISA? Is there a number to phone? Or do I just go there without an appointment? PLEASE HELP. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: HELP! Question about PR application

Hi there,
Firstly don't panic about not having recieved anything in writing yet...We all know they aren't the fastest..
Re your passports....you will recieved a passport request and you can either take your passports into CHC (Have a read but I think you can only do this on Thursday afternoons) and pick up 2 weeks after..or you can mail them in via a courier or something...But they will basically request your passports and then you can decide how you want to get them to CHC for stamping..
I hope that helps and I hope you here some good news soon..it really shouldn't be long now hopefully
All the best
Tim
Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheng26
The wait is killing me.

I would count your blessing and consider yourself fortunate that things are going so smoothly for you. Have you read these forums, so of us have been waiting longer and not yet heard regarding a decision.

Otherwise good luck.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:22 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info Tim When I saw online that a decision has been made, I just could not stop myself from checking the post everyday. I do hope it will be soon.

Hey Sas-lou, I guess I am indeed very lucky things went well. I understand some of you here have waited for so long. So I should be thankful, eh.

Anyways, thanks for the reply guys. Hope both of you will hear some good news very soon.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Well make sure you report back on this thread when you get your passport request through, then we know someone else has "made it"
Good Luck
Tim
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: HELP! Question about PR application

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Well make sure you report back on this thread when you get your passport request through, then we know someone else has "made it"
Good Luck
Tim
Hi. I got the letter for passport request today It was sent to my old address 23rd September and was only forwarded to me 30th Sept. I am going to hand our passports in person next Thursday (such a shame it didn't arrive yesterday, now I have to wait for 6more days). Hopefully, we'll be flying to Toronto before October ends. I am so happy. Hope you guys will be hearing some good news very very soon.