Help on PR process

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

gjspain will become famous soon enoughgjspain will become famous soon enough
Default Help on PR process

Hi there , i need some help, My immigration consultant has gone into liquidation , so im told, and as i have spent a lot of money , i don't really want to spend more than i need to. So here goes,

I am already in Canada. Arrived in Aug 08. I have a skilled work permit to Sept 10. But i want to apply for PR.

I have tried to look on the Wiki, but can not find what i am looking for, May be i am so mad at the moment i just can not see.

What i need to know, is this,

What information is needed to get Pr.
Where are the forms
what is the cost
can i do it myself, or do i need to get another representative
What do i need to do next?

Thanks for your help.

Im in Alberta, if that makes any difference.

I am on 2 year skilled work permit.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:41 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on PR process

I think you might need provincial nomination (look up PNP on the wiki) - then when you have that (or should say when your company has the approval to nominate you - you then send in your application for pr.

If you go on CIC website then the forms will be there.

Not too sure how it goes - however our lovely Cassie1000 is going through this process at the mo so may well be along to give you some advice.

Get it done quick though, things have a habit of taking longer than they should - although once your application is in you can apply to extend your TWP on the basis that you have a pr app on.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:27 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gjspain
Hi there , i need some help, My immigration consultant has gone into liquidation , so im told, and as i have spent a lot of money , i don't really want to spend more than i need to. So here goes,

I am already in Canada. Arrived in Aug 08. I have a skilled work permit to Sept 10. But i want to apply for PR.

I have tried to look on the Wiki, but can not find what i am looking for, May be i am so mad at the moment i just can not see.

What i need to know, is this,

What information is needed to get Pr.
Where are the forms
what is the cost
can i do it myself, or do i need to get another representative
What do i need to do next?

Thanks for your help.

Im in Alberta, if that makes any difference.

I am on 2 year skilled work permit.
You could go down the Alberta PNP route - http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...edworkers.html - or if your skilled worker job is still on the list of 38 - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tions.asp#list - you could apply down the Federal Skilled Worker route - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp.

I think both would take around the same amount of time, so really the choice is yours.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

I have an LMO if this helps, 0621. My head is spinning now, i have looked at the links, but can not find my noc code on there.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:38 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I have an LMO if this helps, 0621. My head is spinning now, i have looked at the links, but can not find my noc code on there.
So your a retail trade manager? So you can apply under the Skilled Worker route as you (I would imagine) have an arranged offer of employment from your employer? You would need to have this confirmed by Service Canada.

Alberta PNP may be the easiest route for you in this case.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi yes im a Retail Trade manager, I have the LMO for 2 years , it expires in September 2010. I have a letter from the company stating that my employment is permanent upon me gaining my permanent residency.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:23 am

Hi yes im a Retail Trade manager, I have the LMO for 2 years , it expires in September 2010. I have a letter from the company stating that my employment is permanent upon me gaining my permanent residency.
If you want to go down the Skilled Worker with AEO route, then you and your boss need to fill this in first - http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...s/emp5275e.pdf - and send it to Service Canada at the office closest to you - http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-b...t&pv=ab&ln=eng