Help with PR

Old Feb 19th 2024, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

calsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help with PR

Just as an example to figure out what I need to do...
I am a UK citizen looking to be a permanent resident of Canada some day.

I have a job as a Supervisor at Starbucks, which i believe the NOC is 62020 (Food service supervisors) at TEER 2 (if I am wrong, please correct if you know!)
My education - I went to high school and I went to college for 2 year diploma (all in the UK) earned 1 A level and 2 BTECs

The NOC 62020 states (2 – Occupations usually require a college diploma or apprenticeship training of two or more years; or supervisory occupations)

Does this education match the TEER 2 and would I be able to apply for Express entry with this?

Any ideas would be appreciated, but I am aware its a very broad process so might be hard to answer this question

Callum.
Old Feb 19th 2024, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with PR

How long have you been working in Starbucks, as a week or so ago you were a free lance video editor?
Old Feb 19th 2024, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

calsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond reputecalsholty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
How long have you been working in Starbucks, as a week or so ago you were a free lance video editor?
Hi, thank you for your response! I should have stated this is just an example, not my actual job currently... However, I used to be a supervisor at Starbucks in 2020/2021 (i think it was around 7 months) so I can return to this having the experience. I am trying to find the best way forward with PR, so if it means i become a Supervisor again for a minimum of a year in order to apply for PR then i am happy to do this. Video editing can be done on the side, I have only just started (freelance) so it's just small and simple projects at the moment and happy to keep it that way.

Regards,
Callum
Old Feb 20th 2024, 10:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The job would qualify as skilled, but would you be scoring enough with just a years experience doing it to get PR? That’s the more important question, you may need much longer working in Canada in that job to be eligible as I’m not sure Starbucks would sponsor you for PR.