Help needed!!!!!

Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

nicci1973 will become famous soon enough
Default Help needed!!!!!

Please help,

Desperate to escape the uk for a great life in Canada..... Family there, parents and two brothers, all canadian citizens.

We applied for skilled worker and had our AOR in Jan07, with waiting time of 45 months before they start processing.
We also said Vancouver Island for our location, but now we want to go to Ontario. Can we change this somehow? I can't find anywhere on the CIC website to contact them!!

Also my partners brother has offered him a job..... If we took this route how do we go about a work permit? Would this be enough to get us over there.
He lives in BC though, would this be a problem for us to live in Ontario?

Confused with all the different loop holes there seems to be

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated

</IMG>
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:00 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed!!!!!

Originally Posted by nicci1973
We also said Vancouver Island for our location, but now we want to go to Ontario. Can we change this somehow? I can't find anywhere on the CIC website to contact them!!
You don't need to change it. It does not matter if you move to a destination that is different from the one that you stated on your application. It would matter if you'd applied via one of the Provincial Nominee Programs, but you have not done that.

Also my partners brother has offered him a job..... If we took this route how do we go about a work permit?
The prospective employer would have to advertise the job across Canada for three months. If he did not receive applications from qualified Canadian residents, he could apply for a labour market opinon (LMO). If he obtained an LMO, he could offer the job to your partner, and your partner could apply for a temporary work permit (TWP).

If your partner's occupation was listed as an Occupation under Pressure in the relevant province, the required advertising time would be reduced from three months to seven days.

Would this be enough to get us over there.
It depends on whether or not the prospective employer (your partner's brother) could get an LMO.

He lives in BC though, would this be a problem for us to live in Ontario?
Initially it would be a very big problem. If you partner manages to get a TWP, it almost certainly will tie him to a single employer.

If you were able to upgrade to permanent residence (PR) status later on -- which is fairly easy and relatively quick to do once you're in Canada and working on a TWP -- you could move anywhere you liked.

If you have family members in Alberta, you could enter via that province's family stream, which is part of the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program -- Alberta's version of a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). I think Manitoba's PNP also has a family stream.

Confused with all the different loop holes there seems to be
Please sit down and read the Canada section of the Wiki on this website. It is a LOT of reading, but it will help you to understand how things work. Just take it one chunk at a time.

These are the most important articles for you to read to start with:
Quick Guide to Canadian Immigration - I do realize that you've already applied for PR, but this article just may throw light on a wrinkle that you hadn't thought of.

Immigration Timeline-Canada

Work Permit Steps-Canada

Canada is different!!!

Quick Job Hunting Instructions-Canada

Hope that helps.
x