help~~I lost my landing paper

Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

buttertia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help~~I lost my landing paper

Hi experts,I am going to see the citizenship Judge two week later; however, I can't find my landing paper(IMM1000). I lost it.I do have a PR card. Do I still need a landing paper?
I know it will take 12 weeks to receive a certified true copy of my landing paper; however, I can't wait that long since I am going to see the judge. What should I do?? do I need to report the lose to the police?? what should I bring to approve I lost the paper when I see the judge? PLEASE HELP ME~~~
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:09 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help~~I lost my landing paper

Yes, you need original or certified copy (issued by CIC) of landing document. You knew it when you applied for citizenship, you had to include it's copy with citizenship application - why panic now only 2 weeks prior to interview? You better find it.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:39 am
Just Joined

buttertia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Yes, you need original or certified copy (issued by CIC) of landing document. You knew it when you applied for citizenship, you had to include it's copy with citizenship application - why panic now only 2 weeks prior to interview? You better find it.
Thanks, Andrew
I know,I already flip my appartment down, I still can't find it.I am really upsad about it because I have been waiting to see the judge for a long time. When I received the letter, I want to prepare all the documents, and I found out I lost the landing paper. I will apply a certified true copy of my landing paper. However, will the judge refuse me to be a citizen because I lost the paper? what should I say when I see the judge? Please tell me what I should do before seeing the judge. Thank you so much
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:36 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing more you can do - applying for a copy and continuing search is all you can do.