Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Heads Up - Processing times for 2008 published @ CIC

Heads Up - Processing times for 2008 published @ CIC

Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:42 am

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all
Smile Heads Up - Processing times for 2008 published @ CIC

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../menu-perm.asp
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heads Up - Processing times for 2008 published @ CIC

Thnaks for that, quite useful cause i kept looking and they were still showing 2007 data.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Wow, thanks for that. Huge change in the figures, and very positive in our own situation although I'm sure not as comforting to those who have been waiting for many years.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

omgsh, i find the 9 mths hard to believe but okayyy, whatever.. if they say so
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:28 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by z030209
omgsh, i find the 9 mths hard to believe but okayyy, whatever.. if they say so
In terms of the federal skilled worker the 9 months will be the people with the arranged employment.

It's great to see that processing times have started speeding up and most people in the old Simplified Process are getting it done and dusted within three years.

Where have all the scare monger penny pinching consultants gone who frequently told us we have to way five years or more before we get over so we better engage their expertise and get arranged employment????
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:25 am

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

Originally Posted by James Martindale
Where have all the scare monger penny pinching consultants gone who frequently told us we have to way five years or more before we get over so we better engage their expertise and get arranged employment????
Well it does take 5 years or more if consultant cashes your check that was meant to go with an application to CIC, and takes you 3 years to find out you were scammed.

I got the distinct impression when applying for PNP that involving a immigration consultant was discouraged. and look at those timelines
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of

Thank you!

50% of all Spousal PR cases done in 3 months!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:44 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick question about the times........

Are they inclusive of the initial review in Mississauga
OR
Does the timeframe begin once the local office (London for example) RECEIVES the application for processing
OR
Does the timeframe begin once the local visa office STARTS processing the application?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by el_richo
Just a quick question about the times........

Are they inclusive of the initial review in Mississauga
OR
Does the timeframe begin once the local office (London for example) RECEIVES the application for processing
OR
Does the timeframe begin once the local visa office STARTS processing the application?
as i understand it, from when they acknowledge receipt of the application.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:53 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marclouis
as i understand it, from when they acknowledge receipt of the application.
Ok cool, thanks so much marclouis.

I received a letter from CPC Mississauga the other day dated 12th March saying my wife's eligible to sponsor me and that my application has been forwarded to London for further processing.

I'm out in Vancouver at the end of June so fingers crossed i could be in the lucky 30% and be able to land then also

Rich