Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

have to present goods to follow at landing?

have to present goods to follow at landing?

Old Mar 18th 2005, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

ross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant future
Default have to present goods to follow at landing?

Do we have to give customs our list of goods to follow list when we land??

We are coming to Canada in May with our visas and would like to land.

On this trip we hope to find a house to buy and sort out schools etc.

We then need to return back to England to finish sorting out the house and other things before coming back in July.

We plan to ship pretty much everything over but this won't have been done before May so at that point we won't know exactly what will be coming and what won't.

So, can we land in May and then present the list when we come back in July and also what happens about the other list we have to give of things we are carrying with us in our suitcases? Do we have to do another one in July as we won't have the same things in the cases ?
Old Mar 18th 2005, 9:35 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: have to present goods to follow at landing?

When we were landed, we gave customs our list of goods to follow and we also had a list of goods which were accompanying us.

I think you have a one-time only to show your list of goods to follow and I am sure you have to have it stamped when you land. You may get away with not doing it until after you land but I think this may be risky.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 12:33 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: have to present goods to follow at landing?

Hi

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
When we were landed, we gave customs our list of goods to follow and we also had a list of goods which were accompanying us.

I think you have a one-time only to show your list of goods to follow and I am sure you have to have it stamped when you land. You may get away with not doing it until after you land but I think this may be risky.
You get one shot for tax & duty free goods to follow at landing.

PMM