Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone beaten our record? A year after LA interview!!!

Has anyone beaten our record? A year after LA interview!!!

Old May 16th 2003, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

ronik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone beaten our record? A year after LA interview!!!

My husband and I recently “celebrated� our first LA interview anniversary. The interview was successful and we were told to pack our bags and start seriously looking for jobs. According to our visa officer, we were supposed to get our passport request within 3 months from that date… It’s been a year…No news…

We assume they are still conducting our background check. I’m from Belarus. My husband is from Azerbaijan. We’ve only lived (more than 6 months) in our home countries before coming to the US. I’m 23. I just wonder what could be so suspicious about us that needs to be scrutinized for such a long time. Could it be my husband’s nationality? Could it simply be the case when someone responsible for our file went for vacation, reassigned it to someone else, then that someone else put our file in his bottom drawer etc…etc…

Our medicals and FBI clearance papers expired a while ago. Our legal status in US will expire in 1,5 month. We must go home, which makes us worried about all possible consequences. Can we do our second medicals in a country different from the country we applied from? What are the odds of getting our medicals extended? What are the chances of LA requesting second interview? What can and must we do before we leave the US?

We are about to get our CAIPS notes. We sent at least 7 faxes and letters to LA. I recently got incredibly lucky and had a chance to talk on a phone to our visa officer. Though she refused to give up any case related info by phone, she wrote down our names and file # and promised that we would get something in a mail within 3 weeks. I want to believe her so much…

Our timeline as follows

Applied: June 2001
File Number: September 2001
AOR: January 2002
Interview Letter: February 2002
Medicals: March 2002
Interview LA (successful): May 2002

Any thoughts, advises, and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for such a depressed thread. I really hope to post something more exciting and “Got It�-like soon and wish you the same.

Regards
Old May 17th 2003, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

khanma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone beaten our record? A year after LA interview!!!

i'm sorry to hear your experience. my family was interviewed in LA and we did get the visas within 3 months from the interview. even sooner actually, interview was on the 11th of april 2002 and visas were issued on the 26th of june 2002. my best guess would be that the background checks are taking a crazy amount of time and your husbands nationality could be a factor. you will probably need to do new medicals. it is encouraging that you spoke to a visa officer and lets just hope that she delivers her promise. good luck and hope things work out for you.

Originally posted by ronik
My husband and I recently “celebrated� our first LA interview anniversary. The interview was successful and we were told to pack our bags and start seriously looking for jobs. According to our visa officer, we were supposed to get our passport request within 3 months from that date… It’s been a year…No news…

We assume they are still conducting our background check. I’m from Belarus. My husband is from Azerbaijan. We’ve only lived (more than 6 months) in our home countries before coming to the US. I’m 23. I just wonder what could be so suspicious about us that needs to be scrutinized for such a long time. Could it be my husband’s nationality? Could it simply be the case when someone responsible for our file went for vacation, reassigned it to someone else, then that someone else put our file in his bottom drawer etc…etc…

Our medicals and FBI clearance papers expired a while ago. Our legal status in US will expire in 1,5 month. We must go home, which makes us worried about all possible consequences. Can we do our second medicals in a country different from the country we applied from? What are the odds of getting our medicals extended? What are the chances of LA requesting second interview? What can and must we do before we leave the US?

We are about to get our CAIPS notes. We sent at least 7 faxes and letters to LA. I recently got incredibly lucky and had a chance to talk on a phone to our visa officer. Though she refused to give up any case related info by phone, she wrote down our names and file # and promised that we would get something in a mail within 3 weeks. I want to believe her so much…

Our timeline as follows

Applied: June 2001
File Number: September 2001
AOR: January 2002
Interview Letter: February 2002
Medicals: March 2002
Interview LA (successful): May 2002

Any thoughts, advises, and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for such a depressed thread. I really hope to post something more exciting and “Got It�-like soon and wish you the same.

Regards

Last edited by khanma; May 17th 2003 at 3:07 am.