Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Hard copies of letters from friends/family for Spousal?

Hard copies of letters from friends/family for Spousal?

Old Mar 27th 2020, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Edwardedmundson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hard copies of letters from friends/family for Spousal?

Hi, All.

Just a quick one. In the process of completing Spousal Sponsorship application. Do we need hard copies of the acknowledgment of legitimate relationship letters from family and friends? We're applying inland and my family in the UK have written them up but can they send a photocopy of a signed letter or does it have to be an original signed hard copy?

Thanks in advance.

Edward.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hard copies of letters from friends/family for Spousal?

Originally Posted by Edwardedmundson
Hi, All.

Just a quick one. In the process of completing Spousal Sponsorship application. Do we need hard copies of the acknowledgment of legitimate relationship letters from family and friends? We're applying inland and my family in the UK have written them up but can they send a photocopy of a signed letter or does it have to be an original signed hard copy?

Thanks in advance.

Edward.
I would send the original signed hardcopies and keep photocopies of all forms etc. that you send in.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Lucyjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, good luck with your application!
I actually just sent screen shots from what’s app/messanger which showed me chatting to my friends about my spouse. Things like he is working later, what our plans were, normal conversation between family.

originals are better and they do send everything back.

good luck!
Old Mar 28th 2020, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, guys.

I'll get my family in the UK to send their's out to me then I think. I was just kind of thinking it would be a lot quicker for them to send me a photocopy of their signed letters but perhaps it's safer to wait a couple weeks for the hard copies to be sent out.

Thanks again
Old Mar 29th 2020, 5:31 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
I would send the original signed hardcopies and keep photocopies of all forms etc. that you send in.
+1 - keep a copy of all forms, backing documentation etc.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, Siouxie.