Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Lowest drawn CRS is way below mine, but I didn't get drawn.

Lowest drawn CRS is way below mine, but I didn't get drawn.

Old Mar 13th 2020, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

DaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lowest drawn CRS is way below mine, but I didn't get drawn.

Forgive me if this is a very noobish question.

My partner and I have a total score of 415, which is much lower than we need for Express Entry, but we are aiming for a provincial nomination from Alberta. When asked where I'd like to move to in Canada, I selected only Alberta and so I hope that it puts me in a position to be selected by the local government. I am eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

This was the first draw we were a part of and the lowest CRS invited was 300. We were not included in that group.

Don't the higher CRS's go to the top of the pile? or do they essentially just read a set number of profiles per draw and only invite an amount from within that group? If so, would that mean being considered for future draws? Once rejected (or rather not selected) then are you reviewed again next time?

I don't really get how it works. Since it's only been a few weeks since my submission, I'm sure I'll be told to wait longer, but I'm struggling to understand how the process works. What if my profile is only reviewed in a month where 450 is the minimum?

An insight into this would be great. Thank you.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 1:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lowest drawn CRS is way below mine, but I didn't get drawn.

Originally Posted by DaechiDragon
This was the first draw we were a part of and the lowest CRS invited was 300. We were not included in that group.

Don't the higher CRS's go to the top of the pile? or do they essentially just read a set number of profiles per draw and only invite an amount from within that group? If so, would that mean being considered for future draws? Once rejected (or rather not selected) then are you reviewed again next time?

I don't really get how it works. Since it's only been a few weeks since my submission, I'm sure I'll be told to wait longer, but I'm struggling to understand how the process works. What if my profile is only reviewed in a month where 450 is the minimum?

An insight into this would be great. Thank you.
Where are you reading that the latest draw was 300 points or higher? The last draw was at 472 so I'm not sure where you're looking? If you can give us a link we can help you try and work it out.

I don't really get how it works.
All profiles are considered, and all scoring the cut off mark or higher are selected and invited to apply for PR - the only caveat to that being that there is always a 'tie breaker', so if you are scoring the minimum score jointly with others then it's based on time and date of application.

HTH.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 1:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, just realised - are you asking about the AINP nominations rather than EE ITA's? If so, then scoring over 300 doesn't automatically get you an invite, they select based on various things including occupation, ties to Alberta etc. So unlike EE ITA's, it's not a case of just scoring enough and getting invited in the next round. What's your NOC code?
Old Mar 14th 2020, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

DaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry, just realised - are you asking about the AINP nominations rather than EE ITA's? If so, then scoring over 300 doesn't automatically get you an invite, they select based on various things including occupation, ties to Alberta etc. So unlike EE ITA's, it's not a case of just scoring enough and getting invited in the next round. What's your NOC code?
Yes it's for the AINP. I apologize for not specifying.

My NOC is 4021. It's not on the list of ineligible codes.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 3:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes it's for the AINP. I apologize for not specifying.

My NOC is 4021. It's not on the list of ineligible codes.
I'm so sorry, I realised I never responded to this.

I think you're looking at the wrong province tbh. If you search Job Bank, there is only 1 job in the whole of Alberta NOC 4021, so realistically, it's just not going to get you a PNP invite as they clearly don't need your NOC. Have you considered other provinces? Quebec has 68 jobs advertised, may be an option to look in to?
Old Mar 30th 2020, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm so sorry, I realised I never responded to this.

I think you're looking at the wrong province tbh. If you search Job Bank, there is only 1 job in the whole of Alberta NOC 4021, so realistically, it's just not going to get you a PNP invite as they clearly don't need your NOC. Have you considered other provinces? Quebec has 68 jobs advertised, may be an option to look in to?
No worries. Thank you for replying.

I would be interested in Quebec, but I thought they wouldn't be interested in me since I don't speak French at all. I asked my co-worker (who's from Quebec) if I need French and he said yeah. I didn't press any further than that though.

To be honest, I'm not intending to work in my NOC at all once I land, but I'm willing to stay in the same place and work in whatever role as I try to get myself into software development.

I could check it out and amend my EE profile. If Alberta isn't going to work at all then should I uncheck it in my profile?
Old Mar 30th 2020, 4:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I would be interested in Quebec, but I thought they wouldn't be interested in me since I don't speak French at all. I asked my co-worker (who's from Quebec) if I need French and he said yeah. I didn't press any further than that though.
He was wrong. For future ref, don't rely on the word of somebody you know, always go to the official source! It certainly helps, and will depend on your score for other factors, but you don't have to speak French for Quebec immigration. It's at least worth checking out to see if you'd be eligible or not.

Amending your EE won't help with Quebec (Quebec has it's own immigration program, it doesn't come under Federal programs like EE), it may be worth looking at other provinces though for PNP's, other provinces had more jobs available in your NOC code (iirc, Ontario was the one with the second highest number of jobs, although you'd need to double check that in case I'm misremembering).

Personally, in your situation, I'd look at every single PNP, and if none are possible, start to think about a job hunting trip once international travel is possible again.

Good luck!