got it!! Vienna, skilled worker

Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

bbq1111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile got it!! Vienna, skilled worker

Skilled worker,
I applied in Vienna, I am living in Canada and have a permanent HRDC approved job

Application: May 2004
AOR: May 2004
Request for Medicals: July 2004
Medicals sent: September 2004
PP request: less than two weeks after the medicals sent
PP submitted and landing fee paid: Mid November 2004
PP received: 10 days later
Landed: TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole process was less than seven months. I had only two letters from the embassy one for requesting the medicals and the other with the pp request. I was quite slow responding to them. (2months for medicals and almost two months for sending my pp)

I prepared the application myself. I submitted all necessary documents upfront(except the medicals and ROLF) and where I did not hade documents I explained why.

Landing:
I had an afternoon off. I drove to the nearest border crossing, had a lunch in the States (spent maybe an hour there) and came back. THe whole landing procedure was about 15-20 min. THe immigration officers were very pleasant. I even got the welcome to Canada speech! Back to the car and drove home.

THanks for all your help and good luck to everybody! This forum is GREAT!!

Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:42 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: got it!! Vienna, skilled worker

WOW!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Originally Posted by bbq1111
Skilled worker,
I applied in Vienna, I am living in Canada and have a permanent HRDC approved job

Landed: TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole process was less than seven months. I had only two letters from the embassy one for requesting the medicals and the other with the pp request. I was quite slow responding to them. (2months for medicals and almost two months for sending my pp)

I prepared the application myself. I submitted all necessary documents upfront(except the medicals and ROLF) and where I did not hade documents I explained why.

Landing:
I had an afternoon off. I drove to the nearest border crossing, had a lunch in the States (spent maybe an hour there) and came back. THe whole landing procedure was about 15-20 min. THe immigration officers were very pleasant. I even got the welcome to Canada speech! Back to the car and drove home.

Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:47 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Congratulations

Skilled worker,

Landing:

Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

scot is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations
Old Nov 26th 2004, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Why did your company not do all the paperwork for you like mine is going to?
Old Nov 28th 2004, 8:49 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

WOW Quick timeline - what route did you take?

Congratulations

Skilled worker,

Landing:

Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

bbq1111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FINAL UPDATE!! Re: got it!! Vienna, skilled worker

Hi guys!
here is my final update:

Landed: end of November
PR card: Today!

two weeks ago we landed and today we got the pr card!!!!
the whole immigration process was less than seven months from submitting the application to receving the pr cards.
thanks and good luck to all of you,
bbq