Got PR Card!!!

Old Nov 25th 2004, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

dimon237 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got PR Card!!!

Well, today CIC surprised me again!!! I landed on Nov 09, 2004. I got my PR card today (Nov 24, 2004)!!!! Is it just lucky me, or is CIC is really fast these days? My PR application took 13 month and my PR card took only 2 weeks to get issued and arrive in the mail!!! Way to go CIC!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:41 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of
Default Re: Got PR Card!!!

Congratulations

Originally Posted by dimon237
Well, today CIC surprised me again!!! I landed on Nov 09, 2004. I got my PR card today (Nov 24, 2004)!!!! Is it just lucky me, or is CIC is really fast these days? My PR application took 13 month and my PR card took only 2 weeks to get issued and arrive in the mail!!! Way to go CIC!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 25th 2004, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

nervous_wreck is an unknown quantity at this point

i think they have speeded up lots of processes these days
Old Nov 25th 2004, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Hi,
What Office was this....Not London by chance?
Lucky you WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! & GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

dimon237 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Hi,
What Office was this....Not London by chance?
Lucky you WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! & GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buffalo, but PR cards are centralized in Sydney
Old Nov 26th 2004, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Snape is on a distinguished road

Is the london office slow to process applications then.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

peterb is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you tell me, did you apply through the UK? and if so where was the PR card posted to, ie; was it to an address in the UK or Canada?

Many Thanks

Peterb
Old Nov 29th 2004, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peterb
Can you tell me, did you apply through the UK? and if so where was the PR card posted to, ie; was it to an address in the UK or Canada?

Many Thanks

Peterb
I think your PR card has to be sent to an address in Canada. By the time you want it, you'll have landed and will be living in Canada anyway... won't you?
Old Nov 29th 2004, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snape
Is the london office slow to process applications then.
I think that's because the London CHC processes applications from half of western Europe, not just UK applications...
Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonny
I think your PR card has to be sent to an address in Canada. By the time you want it, you'll have landed and will be living in Canada anyway... won't you?

Possibly not,

we were hoping to land sometime early next year, and then up sticks about a year later as our daughter is doing her A levels at the moment, and we do not actually want to move until she has finished those. In the meantime, as I understand it you have to "land" within 1 year of having your passport stamped.

Cheers

Peterb
Old Nov 29th 2004, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Possibly not,

we were hoping to land sometime early next year, and then up sticks about a year later as our daughter is doing her A levels at the moment, and we do not actually want to move until she has finished those. In the meantime, as I understand it you have to "land" within 1 year of having your passport stamped.

Cheers

Peterb
I think it has to be sent to a canadian address though... Have you got any friends in Canada who can receive them for you?

Last edited by Jonny; Nov 29th 2004 at 4:08 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 5:01 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Peterb

Possibly not,

Cheers

Peterb
If you are issued a PR visa the visa will valid for 1 year after the date of the medical exam or the expiry of the passport, whichever comes first. There is nothing stopping you from "landing" and returning home until your daughter finishes her "A"s as long as you maintain your PR by residing in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period.

PMM
Old Nov 30th 2004, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Peterb

If you are issued a PR visa the visa will valid for 1 year after the date of the medical exam or the expiry of the passport, whichever comes first. There is nothing stopping you from "landing" and returning home until your daughter finishes her "A"s as long as you maintain your PR by residing in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period.

PMM

Thanks for that. It was what we understood, and we do know some people in Canada who would be able to send the PR cards back to us here.

Cheers

Peterb
Old Nov 30th 2004, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonny
I think it has to be sent to a canadian address though... Have you got any friends in Canada who can receive them for you?

Yes we do, so we will get them to forward the cards to us.

Thanks

Peterb