Investor Class

Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

ben1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Investor Class

Hi Everyone,

Anyone got any timelines or advice to share on the Investor Class.

I know we are a minority, but there must be some of us out there.......

Hello.........

Anyone there?
Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:38 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Investor Class

Contrary to popular belief Investors are not processed with higher priority than other applicants in Business class. And as in any other class the quality of application package makes big difference in processing times within same visa posts - poorly prepared package with less than conclusive evidence, leaving not addressed doubts and questions will suffer months or years longer processing compared to well prepared, 100% conclusive application package that answers and conclusively documents upfront all possible doubts and questions processing officer may have. This is why I always strongly recommend that all Business class applicants should hire experienced in business class, authorized immigration practitioner - business people should know better that they can't afford trying to "save" money by DIY. Loss of time resulting from poorly prepared application will at the end be several times more expensive than cost of professional assistance.

See here for average processing times:

http://tinyurl.com/4a66s

As you can see in above stats the difference in processing time between fast and slow application within same visa post may even be 2 years or more.

Originally Posted by ben1970
Hi Everyone,

Anyone got any timelines or advice to share on the Investor Class.

I know we are a minority, but there must be some of us out there.......

Hello.........

Anyone there?
Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
This is why I always strongly recommend that all Business class applicants should hire experienced in business class, authorized immigration practitioner - business people should know better that they can't afford trying to "save" money by DIY.
And investors, of all people, should easily be able to afford the cost of hiring a professional.

Jeremy
Old Nov 29th 2004, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
And investors, of all people, should easily be able to afford the cost of hiring a professional.

Jeremy
Where did I say that I hadn't hired a lawyer?

I was asking for anecdotal timelines not virtually useless figures from a government site.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:19 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

I was asking for anecdotal timelines not virtually useless figures from a government site.
Ben,
We are going down the Business route; AOR June 2003. I personally would not choose to apply under any Business Category if I had my time again. We were advised by the Immigration Officer at Canada Place, Vancouver. He looked at our specific case and told us to apply in this class, that we were an open and shut case and that we would be processed quickly. With hindsight, I believe we would have sped along far quicker if we had gone in on Skilled Worker. Your call - but my opinion would be to look at your case and see whether there is any way you can apply through Skilled Worker. Do Business as a last resort.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Ben,
We are going down the Business route; AOR June 2003. I personally would not choose to apply under any Business Category if I had my time again. We were advised by the Immigration Officer at Canada Place, Vancouver. He looked at our specific case and told us to apply in this class, that we were an open and shut case and that we would be processed quickly. With hindsight, I believe we would have sped along far quicker if we had gone in on Skilled Worker. Your call - but my opinion would be to look at your case and see whether there is any way you can apply through Skilled Worker. Do Business as a last resort.
Thanks for your input

Which class in business did you apply under?

Why has it been so tough?

Skilled worker is taking 18 months + at London CHc, wheras the only investor visa anecdotes I can find this year at CHC London are much quicker

Hence my question........
Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your input

Skilled worker is taking 18 months + at London CHc, wheras the only investor visa anecdotes I can find this year at CHC London are much quicker

Ben,
I'm doing the entrepreneur visa. I don't have a clue if investor is any faster but if you want to go that way I would do it through Quebec, probably the fastest way. I, personally, find that giving CAD 400.000 for a couple of years without intrest is money down the drain....but it is a non-conditional visa.
My application is in since october , didn't receive anything yet.
I kow it is pretty frustrating not to know how long this whole process will take, they should take in consideration that people, having a business, should be able to plan ahead. I don't mind if it takes 2 or 3 years, but I do have to know a timeframe, if only to prepair and make contacts for my Canadian business.
Julius

Last edited by juliusmaximus; Nov 29th 2004 at 3:14 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:13 pm

Why "useless figures"????

They are real, unlike "anecdotal timelines" which most of the time are just based on rumors and urban legends.

Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:14 pm

Business class apps in London are processed with the same priority as other economic class cases.

Thanks for your input

Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Business class apps in London are processed with the same priority as other economic class cases.
The figures are not defined in terms of category, they are so broad in terms of definition as to be virtually useless. They say could take 14 months, could take four years.....

why are the timelines of the only two investor class applicants I can find urban legend?

As I have spoken directly with them both, and believe myslef to be a reasonable businessman and good judge of character I tend to believe them.

I would like your anecdotal evidence as well, Andrew, if you are prepared to give it.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 8:53 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Ben,
We have applied in the (much frowned upon) Self-Employed category and the delays we have had, have possibly been our own doing by not sending more than was asked for! We sent everything relevant to our category and twice now they have asked for additional documents which aren't specifically asked for. Using a consultant is the best way to avoid all of this, but as we had already had our case assessed by Vancouver Immigration Officer, we and he, didn't think this necessary. When you look at the criteria for applying in this category, it looks very straight-forward and simple........ but it hasn't really been this way.

If you apply under investor, then send way too much info rather than just what they ask for, that is my advice. Good luck.