Got it !!!

Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

haiauphixu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got it !!!

I got the Request for Passport letter today, sooooo happy!

I have one question : in order to enter Buffalo and get my passport stamped, I need visa to go into US.

Does anyone know how to get US visa fast ? I need only 1 day in US to get my passport done.

Can I get the visa in Canada-US border ? (Currently I'm in Canada with work permit)

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:21 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got it !!!

Hi

Originally Posted by haiauphixu

I have one question : in order to enter Buffalo and get my passport stamped, I need visa to go into US.

Does anyone know how to get US visa fast ? I need only 1 day in US to get my passport done.

Can I get the visa in Canada-US border ? (Currently I'm in Canada with work permit)

Thanks
You have to apply at US consulate for a visa, and it isn't a fast process these days. Mail your passport to Buffalo, you will get it back in about 3/4 weeks, probably faster than applying for US visa. Then you can flagpole at the Border to activate your COPR.

PMM
Old Dec 7th 2004, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

scot is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations
Old Dec 7th 2004, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

I think it should be ok to send passport by mail. My problem is I have scheduled to travel outside of Canada during Christmax. I need to have my passport back before then.

Is it possible to give Buffalo the return envelope (FedEx ) so the return day is earlier ?

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I think it should be ok to send passport by mail. My problem is I have scheduled to travel outside of Canada during Christmax. I need to have my passport back before then.

Is it possible to give Buffalo the return envelope (FedEx ) so the return day is earlier ?

Thanks
I would FedEx it anyway and include a Fedex return envelope that is the required size. But this is no guarantee that you will get it back in time for Xmas.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

louisa is an unknown quantity at this point

how long did it take to get to this stage?

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

MrBosco is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as you are back by about Jan 3, I would hang onto the passport, travel, then express mail it to Buffalo when you get back.

If you will be gone longer, I think you can fax Buffalo and tell them you can't send passport until (say) January 15, or whatever.

I don't think it's a big deal

congrats!!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:27 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Do you actually need a visa? My friends were living in Alberta on a work permit and applied for permanent residents' status. All they had to do "land" as permanent residents was to drive to the US border, where they were not allowed to actually enter the US and were turned back, but on "re-entering" Canada they got their passports stamped as having "landed"!

Check it out?
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Do you actually need a visa? My friends were living in Alberta on a work permit and applied for permanent residents' status. All they had to do "land" as permanent residents was to drive to the US border, where they were not allowed to actually enter the US and were turned back, but on "re-entering" Canada they got their passports stamped as having "landed"!

Check it out?
Their passports must have had the visa in it already. I've never heard of anyone getting PR status without a visa in their passport. When I landed, they drew a line through the visa and put a stamp below it showing I had landed.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

red rabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Got it !!!

Thanks
Congratulations!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrBosco
Their passports must have had the visa in it already. I've never heard of anyone getting PR status without a visa in their passport. When I landed, they drew a line through the visa and put a stamp below it showing I had landed.
I know that if you go to the border at Peace Arch in Vancouver you can just take the "return to Canada" lane and leave Canada without getting anywhere near the US immigration... So in this case you wouldn't need a US visa...
Old Dec 7th 2004, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

netkit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna

Check it out?
before jan 2002 there was no need of visa only landing doc. were good enough to land. but now a days there must be an immigration visa affixed on passport in addition to landing doc.
haiauphixu is asking for such visa on to passport.
there is no any way other than Buffalo because getting chances of getting US visa r slim. so better to mail the passport.
if ur medical is good till late Feb. or Marh then u can send passport after Xmas.
just fax a letter to buffalo that u ahve plan to tarvel abroad so then extend the time limit for sending passport.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all. I sent the passport this afternoon with the express return envelop.

This application took me total 1 year 5 months. I applied to Quebec province.

Good luck to you all.

Originally Posted by louisa
how long did it take to get to this stage?
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by netkit
before jan 2002 there was no need of visa only landing doc. were good enough to land. but now a days there must be an immigration visa affixed on passport in addition to landing doc.
haiauphixu is asking for such visa on to passport.
there is no any way other than Buffalo because getting chances of getting US visa r slim. so better to mail the passport.
if ur medical is good till late Feb. or Marh then u can send passport after Xmas.
just fax a letter to buffalo that u ahve plan to tarvel abroad so then extend the time limit for sending passport.
I think the visa he is talking about is a US visa so that he can get into the US to drop his passport off at Buffalo and have his Canadian PR visa put in...
Old Dec 8th 2004, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonny
I would FedEx it anyway and include a Fedex return envelope that is the required size. But this is no guarantee that you will get it back in time for Xmas.
Be careful. There are instructions in your passport request about mailing the passport, and also on the Buffalo website. If I remember correctly, Buffalo does not mail out with private carriers. So if you provide a return envelope, use USPS express mail, not FEDEX.

Read your passport request carefully, and the Buffalo consulate website. What I just said may be out of date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.