Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Going to London CHC tomorrow...fingers crossed

Going to London CHC tomorrow...fingers crossed

Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light
Default Going to London CHC tomorrow...fingers crossed

My wife is back visiting the UK this week, and is heading down to the CHC to see if she can speak to someone about our PR application (applied Nov 2005 and still no medical request. 90 day letter received Jan 08)

Over the past year we have got married, changed family names, moved to Canada on a work permit...so we really want to check that they have all our updated information that we have sent in. We are hoping that we might even strike it lucky and get someone really helpful who can check how long it might be until we get our medical request.

Any advise for her to be able to get past the first person on reception. "Computer says no you're not allowed upstairs to talk to anyone"?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Going to London CHC tomorrow...fingers crossed

Well I can't answer your question but just wanted to wish you both good luck! I saw a post on here a few days ago where someone had managed to talk to somoeone at the CHC...Have you thought about that instead of actually going there...It would be very disappointing to be turned away at reception..
Just a thought anyway..good luck
Cheers
Tim
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

the_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dieseltank
My wife is back visiting the UK this week, and is heading down to the CHC to see if she can speak to someone about our PR application (applied Nov 2005 and still no medical request. 90 day letter received Jan 08)

Over the past year we have got married, changed family names, moved to Canada on a work permit...so we really want to check that they have all our updated information that we have sent in. We are hoping that we might even strike it lucky and get someone really helpful who can check how long it might be until we get our medical request.

Any advise for her to be able to get past the first person on reception. "Computer says no you're not allowed upstairs to talk to anyone"?
Have you tried emailing them? Someone on here did just that and it turned out their medical request had been sent out but was lost in the post - CHC resent it to them...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your responses..

I tried emailing about a month ago and have zero response back.
My wife was turned away from the CHC this morning. They wouldnt give her any information.....

Back to square one.... waiting and not knowing.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear that, she must have been very disappointed...I think there was a post on here in the last few days about a telephone number for the CHC...it might be worth trying to call...I'll try and dig out the thread...
Best wishes to you anyway.
Cheers
Tim
Old Aug 28th 2008, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Tim I appreciate the help, I'll look too.

We are too long into this arduous process to be easily disappointed.
We were half expecting her to be turned away, but thought it was worth a go seeing that she was in London anyway... we might have struck it lucky and got someone helpful. We are just thankful she didnt fly back the UK with Zoom.

I understand why they can't speak to everyone chasing their Visa who have only just applied, but I think they should be more open to people who have got their 90 day letter and have been waiting nearly 3 years. If our Medical request had been sent and was lost in the post we would never know.... and when would they ever contact us again... probably never.

Our whole experience of the London CHC completely contrasts dealing with the Immigration offices here in Canada. Just incase our PR took forever I wanted to check out about LMOs and PNPs. Each time I just rocked up to a different government office in Vancouver and each time I was helped by someone who really cared and spend time with me explaining things and giving advise. The London CHC doesnt even return emails 'if the information can be found elsewhere'....
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Well my friend..I found this thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rgency+contact
I am not saying that your case is an emergency and it is upto you whether you want to give this a shot...I would keep sending in the e mails though as you will surely get a response sometime...I read quite often on here about letters / requests going missing so I think you really need to get hold of someone however you can....
Good luck
Cheers
Tim
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Tim...
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Jinder is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Going to London CHC tomorrow...fingers crossed

Hi Dieseltank

I'm new to this forum and know I should be on the meet and greet but wanted my first post to be helpful to another forum member.

I'm a Nov 05 applicant as well - AOR 16 Nov 05. My medical request only just arrived this Saturday (23 Aug), so don't lose hope, there are other Nov 05 people in the same boat.

In July I was going crazy with worry so emailed CIC. They replied the next day, albeit politely telling me to wait my turn!!! Maybe an email is worth a shot?

Anyway, hope yours comes through soon.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

its so good to hear when someone gets their medical request... congratulations... especially someone who applied when we did!!!! That must be a good sign i hope.

Its so easy to start getting down when you see people getting the paperwork through faster than you. I was glued to the trackitt formum for ages looking at people who were progressing, and it seemed I was one of the longest on there. I know every case is different but its so hard not to think you are the only person they're not giving a PR too.
It would be amazing if we get to hear from them soon too... fingers crossed.

Good luck on your medical by the way.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Jinder is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently found out about this forum and trackitt too and as encouraging as some of the posts are, they're equally worrying and frustrating because everyone else does seem to go quicker.

To keep sane, I worked the numbers. According to the Monitor approx 6000 Brits land a year. So that's at least an average of 450 - 500 applications a month that need to be processed. I know that those landing applied 2-3 years ago, but a rough estimate is better than nothing.

Add to that a small premium because some unfortunately do get refused, and you're easily looking at 500+ applications. So, even though other Nov 05 people got their paperwork earlier this year, there's no way progress is going to be even because getting through 500+ applications a month isn't really realistic.

On top of which, we were combined with Dec 05 so our cohort is a little bigger than average. And we are dealing with a government body here - I work for government also, and despite all the improvements, it will always be a bureaucracy i.e. slow moving anyway and once you add in our tea breaks!!!

Got the med done this morning, went better than I expected. I sneaked a look and saw the doctor ticking the A box which means I should be clear as long as the x-ray is fine. The x-ray people won't write their report till Monday but the doc said everything looked perfectly clear.

Yours is definitely on it's way, I know they were doing Oct 05 applicants in May/June/July as a family friend also applied and they were an Oct 05 person. That's their timeline from meds to PPR but they took a holiday in between so probably could have finished sooner.

By my clumsy maths, CHC London is probably at the last few Nov 05 applicants so within the next couple of weeks for you for sure.

Best of luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you - J
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the info...
I'm going to hope that we hear something in September. We then need to work out about doing our medicals in Canada rather than the UK...