Getting a Job in Canada from US.

Old Mar 25th 2005, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

jagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Advice Please on Getting a Job in Canada from US.

Hi,

My PR is pending, in fact waiting for PP Request.
I've got my Masters Degree in Computers an about 10 years of experience (7 years in US). I am considering to move to Canada before the PR come through.
Is it possible to get a Job in Canada while living in US and then go or go and find a Job after getting a Visit Visa.
If any body did this before, Please share your experience with this.

Thanks,
Jag.

Last edited by jagz; Mar 25th 2005 at 3:57 am.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 3:58 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a Job in Canada from US.

Originally Posted by jagz
Hi,

My PR is pending, in fact waiting for PP Request.
I've got my Masters Degree in Computers an about 10 years of experience (7 years in US). I am considering to move to Canada before the PR come through.
Is it possible to get a Job in Canada while living in US and then go or go and find a Job after getting a Visit Visa.
If any body did this before, Please share your experience with this.

Thanks,
Jag.
You would need a working visa, either a work permit (which would be tough to get in IT without some exceptional skills, given the number of IT types hanging around here complaining they cant get a job), or if you are a US citizen then maybe there are some provisions within NAFTA for a fast track visa like the US TN1. Without the legal right to work you would have your work cut out landing a job, but it has been known to happen, and as you sound like you are near the end of the process maybe an employer could be talked into holding a positon for you until you are landed as a PR.

Good Luck.