Funny story for you all

Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:48 pm
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough
Default Funny story for you all

Hi there guys I have not been on here for a while. I originally applied on point system from UK to Canada. I took my 6 months to get it and I have been here now 2 years. Still not totally settled I would say but happy enough.

I just thought would let you know of a funny story which has caused me alot of stress last few days but hopefully will have happy ending tomorrow.

I was scheduled to fly out to India 1 week ago to go get married to my long time girlfriend out there. I planned everything and my family have all headed out there from england just this week. I took 3 weeks off work. It was all going smoothly until on my way to airport.

Mu cousin turned around to me and said did I need a visa to go to india. I said I was advised not but now you got me thinking. On way to airport we pulled into any travel agent and they though I was crazy as of course you need a visa.

I had made a huge mistake. I then went to airport to see if I could save my ticket. Which lucky was able to. Then had to apply for a visa but place was closed till monday so could not ask anyone for advice.

I then on monday found out as I am a pr resident and not citizon of canada or india it would take 10-15 business working days to get visa.

I almost had a heart attack when I found that out. I felt sick. Anyway I found out I could try my luck at applying for a emergency visa as missed my flight and needed to go fast as wedding was sceduled to happen this weekend coming.

When I got to consulate had been told no sorry it will take 10-15 days because i am British passport person. Anyway I was told I can have an interview to pled my case and maybe they might give it earlier.

So I practised what I was gonna say as I waited almost now 5 hours at the consulate. Finally got in an office room with a person who just asked me for my passport took one look and was trying to get rid of me. Told me I had to go to a diferent location and apply for normal visa process which takes 10-15 business days. argggg.

I then asked him to lisen to me and told him my story he then made a few notes on the paper and told me to go there and they will try maybe to do faster.

Headed out to visa office downtown toronto. I then paid my money to apply and stessed to them the notes the consulate had put. Then came home thinking ok hopefully will get soon.

Was told to come back wednesday to remind them about it. Came there and found out it would still take up to 10 business days. So much for emergency visa.

Anyway decided to go chill out at tim hortans for a moment and bumped into a main manager at the visa location. They decided to take pity on my story and said if I come back to office she will call the main consulate and find out about my visa. She then made a few calls and told me she had to go higher up and told me by friday I will have visa 100 percent.

Oh man thank god for that. Been crazy and stressfull few days and hope tomorrow goes smoothly as so far not gone that way.

At least I will never forget about getting visa to travel anywhere.

I felt so stupid to make that mistake. I have not heard it down from all my family out here.

'did you not reliese you need a visa to go out there'

errmmm well i do now hahaha.

Oh well things happen for a reason. Hopefully tomorrow will have visa smoothly in my hands.

And will be on flight on friday or saturday I hope Everyone cross their fingers hehehe.

Hope my long story has not bored anyone. If so no one forced you to read my story
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:59 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funny story for you all

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Hi there guys I have not been on here for a while. I originally applied on point system from UK to Canada. I took my 6 months to get it and I have been here now 2 years. Still not totally settled I would say but happy enough.

I just thought would let you know of a funny story which has caused me alot of stress last few days but hopefully will have happy ending tomorrow.

I was scheduled to fly out to India 1 week ago to go get married to my long time girlfriend out there. I planned everything and my family have all headed out there from england just this week. I took 3 weeks off work. It was all going smoothly until on my way to airport.

Mu cousin turned around to me and said did I need a visa to go to india. I said I was advised not but now you got me thinking. On way to airport we pulled into any travel agent and they though I was crazy as of course you need a visa.

I had made a huge mistake. I then went to airport to see if I could save my ticket. Which lucky was able to. Then had to apply for a visa but place was closed till monday so could not ask anyone for advice.

I then on monday found out as I am a pr resident and not citizon of canada or india it would take 10-15 business working days to get visa.

I almost had a heart attack when I found that out. I felt sick. Anyway I found out I could try my luck at applying for a emergency visa as missed my flight and needed to go fast as wedding was sceduled to happen this weekend coming.

When I got to consulate had been told no sorry it will take 10-15 days because i am British passport person. Anyway I was told I can have an interview to pled my case and maybe they might give it earlier.

So I practised what I was gonna say as I waited almost now 5 hours at the consulate. Finally got in an office room with a person who just asked me for my passport took one look and was trying to get rid of me. Told me I had to go to a diferent location and apply for normal visa process which takes 10-15 business days. argggg.

I then asked him to lisen to me and told him my story he then made a few notes on the paper and told me to go there and they will try maybe to do faster.

Headed out to visa office downtown toronto. I then paid my money to apply and stessed to them the notes the consulate had put. Then came home thinking ok hopefully will get soon.

Was told to come back wednesday to remind them about it. Came there and found out it would still take up to 10 business days. So much for emergency visa.

Anyway decided to go chill out at tim hortans for a moment and bumped into a main manager at the visa location. They decided to take pity on my story and said if I come back to office she will call the main consulate and find out about my visa. She then made a few calls and told me she had to go higher up and told me by friday I will have visa 100 percent.

Oh man thank god for that. Been crazy and stressfull few days and hope tomorrow goes smoothly as so far not gone that way.

At least I will never forget about getting visa to travel anywhere.

I felt so stupid to make that mistake. I have not heard it down from all my family out here.

'did you not reliese you need a visa to go out there'

errmmm well i do now hahaha.

Oh well things happen for a reason. Hopefully tomorrow will have visa smoothly in my hands.

And will be on flight on friday or saturday I hope Everyone cross their fingers hehehe.

Hope my long story has not bored anyone. If so no one forced you to read my story
OMG

This sounds like such a nightmare - I would be hyperventilating by now

But after the sometimes tongue in cheek comments about Tim Hortons I have seen posted it seems to have come up trumps so far for you.

All the good luck in the world & congrats on the wedding

+
Karma for the manager who is helping you

Bali