British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   FSW List Announced Today (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/fsw-list-announced-today-794432/)

BabyG May 1st 2013 5:51 pm

Re: FSW List Announced Today

Originally Posted by scribe123 (Post 10687181)
When the backgrounder states that "CIC will update application kits and web materials before the new FSWP is launched on May 4, 2013" I'm starting to think that will be 11:59pm on the 3rd.

I wish they would hurry up :(

I was told at one of the recent working in events in Manchester, that the reason why the opening day is a Saturday is so that they can (and may) make changes to the application form/criteria/process right up to the last min.

In fact I was even told to not be surprised if "the new list" is released on 3rd May...

So you made the list huh scribe123.... Oh I'm so excited for you :fingerscrossed:

scribe123 May 1st 2013 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by BabyG (Post 10687373)
I was told at one of the recent working in events in Manchester, that the reason why the opening day is a Saturday is so that they can (and may) make changes to the application form/criteria/process right up to the last min.

In fact I was even told to not be surprised if "the new list" is released on 3rd May...

So you made the list huh scribe123.... Oh I'm so excited for you :fingerscrossed:

Yep, I'm on the list, but I'm not counting my chickens until the 1) the new forms are out 2) they are sent and delivered and 3) my credit card has been charged (which should mean I've made the cut from a quota point of view).

I'll then rest a *little* easier and hope all goes well. After my wife's NOC quota filling two years ago; and the FSW door being closed at the last minute last year; this will be the third time we've geared up for this. I'm told patience is a virtue :D

BabyG May 1st 2013 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by scribe123 (Post 10687389)
patience is a virtue :D

And third time lucky:thumbsup:

Mikeypm May 4th 2013 8:03 am

Yep, I'm on the list, but I'm not counting my chickens until the 1) the new forms are out 2) they are sent and delivered and 3) my credit card has been charged (which should mean I've made the cut from a quota point of view).

I'll then rest a *little* easier and hope all goes well. After my wife's NOC quota filling two years ago; and the FSW door being closed at the last minute last year; this will be the third time we've geared up for this. I'm told patience is a virtue :D

I think in general from most posts on this forum you need the patience of a saint :)

AmyDavid May 6th 2013 11:48 am

I really would not recommend paying via credit card. If for any reason they cannot charge the card - not enough funds/security block by your cc provider, they will just return your pack. A bank draft is always the safer option.

killamockingbird May 7th 2013 8:39 am

When does this officially open? I've been looking online for the new application and it doesn't seem to be there?

Any help would be appreciated as i'm desperate to get my application in ASAP

Siouxie May 7th 2013 8:48 am

Originally Posted by killamockingbird (Post 10695575)
When does this officially open? I've been looking online for the new application and it doesn't seem to be there?

It opened on Saturday. The new forms are already online under SW application here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-how.asp

:)

christmasoompa May 7th 2013 9:07 am

Originally Posted by killamockingbird (Post 10695575)

As Siouxie said, it's already open. Do you have your IELTS and credentials assessment etc? If so, you're good to go!

What NOC code are you applying under?

Good luck.

killamockingbird May 7th 2013 9:38 am

I'm applying under skill code 1112. I believe i have all the documents and the ECA was sent out a few weeks ago so expecting that in the next few weeks.

I just can't find the IM008 form. All the other forms which are pdf files show up, but the IM008 form does not show up. It states that I need to update adobe, which I have, but still the same message comes up. I assumed that because I can see the other forms that they may not have released the new IM008 form.

Maybe I am wrong. Can you help?

christmasoompa May 7th 2013 9:44 am

Originally Posted by killamockingbird (Post 10695685)
I'm applying under skill code 1112. I believe i have all the documents and the ECA was sent out a few weeks ago so expecting that in the next few weeks.

'Next few weeks' is likely to be too late, will it definitely take that long? If so, fingers crossed the quota doesn't fill before then.

II just can't find the IM008 form. All the other forms which are pdf files show up, but the IM008 form does not show up. It states that I need to update adobe, which I have, but still the same message comes up. I assumed that because I can see the other forms that they may not have released the new IM008 form.

It's working fine on my computer, so is definitely there.

Good luck with it.

Siouxie May 7th 2013 9:48 am

I just can't find the IM008 form. All the other forms which are pdf files show up, but the IM008 form does not show up. It states that I need to update adobe, which I have, but still the same message comes up. I assumed that because I can see the other forms that they may not have released the new IM008 form.

Maybe I am wrong. Can you help?

It's because it has dynamic content I think. Have you tried with another browser? I would just carry on with filling out the rest and then try again later, this problem has occurred before. It's a generic application form so wouldn't be FSW specific.

I managed to open it using Nitro Reader, it's a free pdf reader, but as it needs to be validated this won't be of use for filling it out - but at least you would be able to see what the content is.

Siouxie May 7th 2013 2:06 pm

FSW1 Current applications received - updated weekly

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

scribe123 May 7th 2013 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by siouxie (Post 10696205)
FSW1 Current applications received - updated weekly

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

We should have a sweep stake on how long it takes to fill up.

I just hope my application makes the cut. :fingerscrossed:

Siouxie May 7th 2013 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by scribe123 (Post 10696216)

:fingerscrossed: for sure!

Waggle May 7th 2013 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by scribe123 (Post 10696216)

Judging by the spreadsheet on canadavisa.com forums, I think NOCs 1112, 2147 and 2174 will fill up very quickly, probably in a matter of weeks. Possibly in a matter of days!

Judging by your signature I am guessing you applied under 2147?

Seems a number of applicants are ready to post shortly but waiting for WES confirmations etc. Have you mailed your application yet?

Wayne.