British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   FSW List Announced Today (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/fsw-list-announced-today-794432/)

AmyDavid Apr 18th 2013 4:08 pm

FSW List Announced Today

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2013-04-18.asp

Siouxie Apr 18th 2013 4:09 pm

Re: FSW List Announced Today

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 10666463)

You beat me to it by 1 minute, lol.

:D

orly Apr 18th 2013 4:10 pm

Did say you'd be wrong with the announcement dates in the other thread ;)

Mikeypm Apr 18th 2013 4:11 pm

Great news if your occupation is one of the 24 on the list and you get your app in before the 5000 cap. I'd imagine there are a lot of disappointed folk out there. Me included, looks like its TWP or bust for me

AmyDavid Apr 18th 2013 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by orly (Post 10666468)

Can you tell me lotto numbers for the weekend?

orly Apr 18th 2013 4:14 pm

I confess that I had some insider knowledge Amy but it wouldn't have been right to release it before CIC did obviously.

Nice to see one of the websites I helped create in the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) section ;)

AmyDavid Apr 18th 2013 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by orly (Post 10666478)
I confess that I had some insider knowledge Amy but it wouldn't have been right to release it before CIC did obviously.

Nice to see one of the websites I helped create in the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) section ;)

Ahhh that makes sense then! ICAS or WES?

Former Lancastrian Apr 18th 2013 4:19 pm

Let the fun and games commence :lol:
5000 cap, 24 occupations and only 300 in each occupation wow that will piss some off.
Good luck to those who apply.
I suggest people read the NOC codes to see if they qualify.

PMM Apr 18th 2013 4:24 pm

Hi

1. One thing of interest is the AEO being done away with, that was in the proposed regulations that an LMO would be needed. I am wondering if a person is working in Canada and the employer wants to support his/her application for PR as "arranged employment" that it won't be accepted unless there is a LMO in place?

christmasoompa Apr 18th 2013 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by orly (Post 10666468)

Or, as my eight year old would say, 'I told you so'.

Thanks Amy, much appreciated. I'll make this a sticky thread.

orly Apr 18th 2013 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 10666490)
Ahhh that makes sense then! ICAS or WES?

I'd rather not say precisely which. I don't want any oddballs to catch on and think I have all sorts of information that I'm not privy to.

The real test, after many months of testing, comes now that it's open to the world...

christmasoompa Apr 18th 2013 4:27 pm

Blimey, just read the occupations - can't believe nurses aren't on it! *shocked face*

I know several people suspected nurses would be taken off the last list, but somehow I wasn't expecting them to be taken off this time around.

Former Lancastrian Apr 18th 2013 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10666509)
Blimey, just read the occupations - can't believe nurses aren't on it! *shocked face*

I know several people suspected nurses would be taken off the last list, but somehow I wasn't expecting them to be taken off this time around.

Actually you might be surprised how many nurses there are qualified in Canada who cant get full time jobs and I tend to think they would be pretty pissed at seeing it on the FSW list open to foreign workers. Thats my take on it.
Sort of like Teachers.

orly Apr 18th 2013 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10666504)
Or, as my eight year old would say, 'I told you so'.

Thanks Amy, much appreciated. I'll make this a sticky thread.

I suppose it's rather odd to be working on a website for the FSW PR stream while being in the process of a PR application myself (family class albeit).

At the very least it gave me a small insight into a small piece of the big machine of the federal government.

I just hope the site and application process I helped do some updates to performs admirably lol.

Former Lancastrian Apr 18th 2013 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by orly (Post 10666516)
I suppose it's rather odd to be working on a website for the FSW PR stream while being in the process of a PR application myself (family class albeit).

At the very least it gave me a small insight into a small piece of the big machine of the federal government.

I just hope the site and application process I helped do some updates to performs admirably lol.

Did you work on the IEC programme :rofl: