FSW EE

Old Apr 22nd 2021, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Welshieabroad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW EE

I know the answer will be 'how long is a piece of string' but I'm trying to keep an eye on timelines etc.
We had planned to complete our IELTS by now, but put it off for a few months due to covid delays etc.
Are there any particular places where future information about EE draws or potential timelines for processing when it is open again?
I just want to try and keep up to date so I know when best to complete the application.
Thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 12:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW EE

Originally Posted by Welshieabroad
I know the answer will be 'how long is a piece of string' but I'm trying to keep an eye on timelines etc.
We had planned to complete our IELTS by now, but put it off for a few months due to covid delays etc.
Are there any particular places where future information about EE draws or potential timelines for processing when it is open again?
I just want to try and keep up to date so I know when best to complete the application.
Thanks
If you're eligible and scoring enough, then I'd recommend you apply asap. Your scores may go down if you have birthdays, and you never know whether the scores threshold will increase, so I'd get an application in asap. Remember you don't have to move for several years so best to get it sorted so you know you've got PR IMO.

All of the draws are on the website, timelines will no doubt have changed a bit but hopefully not too much, it's a pretty quick process.

HTH, best of luck.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.

That was our original plan for last year but with covid affecting everything, it all got put on hold
Things seem worse if anything now but we can't put it off forever.
We have a business and property to sell too so getting everything sorted is going to be very challenging.
I think I would feel more confident if I thought that there was a more definitive answer, but I'm also aware that life isn't that easy

Thanks for your help
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 4:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.

That was our original plan for last year but with covid affecting everything, it all got put on hold
Things seem worse if anything now but we can't put it off forever.
We have a business and property to sell too so getting everything sorted is going to be very challenging.
I think I would feel more confident if I thought that there was a more definitive answer, but I'm also aware that life isn't that easy

Thanks for your help
A definitive answer on timelines? I don't think anybody will know that for another year or so when the impact of Covid on processing becomes clear. You may find it speeds up though with less people applying, so could be even quicker than the usual 6 months! What are you scoring on the CRS?
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Without knowing IELTS for definite, it's a bit of a guess, but around 469, so I know we are on the borderline.
It could go up if we do better than expected.
Another worry of mine is that the EE cut off scores will go massively higher than that again!
My husband is on the list of sought after jobs (tech something or other?) for BC though so we could always explore that if needs be.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 7:02 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Without knowing IELTS for definite, it's a bit of a guess, but around 469, so I know we are on the borderline.
It could go up if we do better than expected.
Another worry of mine is that the EE cut off scores will go massively higher than that again!
My husband is on the list of sought after jobs (tech something or other?) for BC though so we could always explore that if needs be.
The Tech Pilot Project? Be aware that ends in June 2021 - if he qualifies it would be better to apply sooner rather than later. https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...PNP-Tech-Pilot

If he's into IT it might be worth looking at the Atlantic Pilot project as well (he would need a job offer from a designated approved employer, so would have to check out all the employers and see what positions they might need. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...job-offer.html

Old Apr 22nd 2021, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Yes, it was the Tech Pilot that I had seen. Argh, I didn't realise it closed in May though!
Are they replacing it with anything else or is it just that those skills are no longer desired?
He is engineering rather than ICT. I will look at the Atlantic one thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 7:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it was the Tech Pilot that I had seen. Argh, I didn't realise it closed in May though!
Are they replacing it with anything else or is it just that those skills are no longer desired?
He is engineering rather than ICT. I will look at the Atlantic one thanks
It hasn't closed - it's closing in June It's a pilot project - basically to fill a need for a specific length of time.
The BC PNP Tech Pilot has been extended to June 2021 to provide B.C. tech employers with the continued ability to recruit and retain international talent when local skilled workers are unavailable.
What is his NOC? The Atlantic Pilot isn't just for Tech

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 22nd 2021 at 7:29 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

I will double check his NOC.

Thanks for the links, I will get him to have a look as otherwise I will get it wrong
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 8:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The Tech pilot is the perfect illustration of why I think it's vital to always apply for PR asap if eligible - things change so often in immigration! Once you've got PR you've got years to move, but it's always a risk to leave it if you think you may qualify.

Old Apr 23rd 2021, 5:20 am
Just Joined

Thanks again
You are very right

​​​​