FSW 3

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Meabh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW 3

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has timelines on FSW 3 applications at the moment? I have recieved my 120 day letter and am about to send my application to Buffalo.

When I applied I had been working here for 2 years as a TFW so I was deemed eligible under category 3 of the FSW program. However I have just learned that my work will not be getting an LMO for me. I do not need the points as I have enough points without arranged employment - does anyone know of any other problems with losing status while an applicaiton is in process?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all
Default Re: FSW 3

Yes, take a look at my timeline. My application has been a little slower than other people in FSW 1 or 2, so maybe FSW 3 is slower for some reason.

PS ....I'm hoping for Med Requests this week!

Originally Posted by Meabh
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has timelines on FSW 3 applications at the moment? I have recieved my 120 day letter and am about to send my application to Buffalo.

When I applied I had been working here for 2 years as a TFW so I was deemed eligible under category 3 of the FSW program. However I have just learned that my work will not be getting an LMO for me. I do not need the points as I have enough points without arranged employment - does anyone know of any other problems with losing status while an applicaiton is in process?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply - I was thinking FSW 3 might not be as fast as the other two.

Good luck with your application I will keep my fingers crossed that you will get your medical requests this week!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Thanks for the reply - I was thinking FSW 3 might not be as fast as the other two.

Good luck with your application I will keep my fingers crossed that you will get your medical requests this week!
Thanks

Just out of interest, do you think your application will be quicker if you send it to Buffalo? (as opposed to London)
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

I doubt it will be faster - from what I can see Buffalo takes along time. However when I was deciding which office to send it to I was a tempoary resident in Canada and Buffalo was suggested to me. I hope it does not take too long.

Are you waiting for your application within Canada or London?

I am from Ireland and am probably going to go back in April for a couple of months.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

I doubt it will be faster - from what I can see Buffalo takes along time. However when I was deciding which office to send it to I was a tempoary resident in Canada and Buffalo was suggested to me. I hope it does not take too long.

Are you waiting for your application within Canada or London?

I am from Ireland and am probably going to go back in April for a couple of months.
I'm currently working in Mississauga on a TWP. My TWP runs until January 2012, but unfortunately my company want me back in the UK in 6 weeks!

So I sent my application to London UK just in case I had to go back before my PR (hopefully) came through.

Good luck with your application!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Buffalo tends to be slower than London due to the higher number of applications Buffalo is processing.
Do a quick search others have posted regarding this in the past.
hope this helps

Last edited by joinerboy; Feb 23rd 2010 at 9:41 pm.
Old May 2nd 2010, 1:58 am
Just Joined

can123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Did CIC ask for employment ref letter ?

Hi There ,

Just want to know out of interest, what employment related documents CIC ask you to send apart from T4,paychecks, work permit? Did they ask for employment reference letter specifically mentioning the roles and responsibilities to explain ?

I am in the process of applying under FSW3? I contacted one consultant who told me that I will need employment reference letter elaborating my role and responsibilities in the letter from current employer .

Could you please provide your views on this ?

Thanks a ton!!

Hi there,

Old May 2nd 2010, 2:57 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did CIC ask for employment ref letter ?

Hi

Originally Posted by can123
Hi There ,

Just want to know out of interest, what employment related documents CIC ask you to send apart from T4,paychecks, work permit? Did they ask for employment reference letter specifically mentioning the roles and responsibilities to explain ?

I am in the process of applying under FSW3? I contacted one consultant who told me that I will need employment reference letter elaborating my role and responsibilities in the letter from current employer .

Could you please provide your views on this ?

Thanks a ton!!
You should read the Appendix A of the Visa Office Specific Requirements.

WORK EXPERIENCE
For you, your spouse or common-law partner provide:
•notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers, accompanied by an English or French translation
•original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers. Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official seal.
Letters must include all of the following information:
•the specific period of your employment with the company
•the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
•your main responsibilities and duties in each position
•your total annual salary plus benefits
•the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer of the company
•a business card of the person signing
If you cannot provide a reference from your current employer, provide a written explanation.