FSW 2009 employment contracts

Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default FSW 2009 employment contracts

Hi,

The document pack requires us to send in notorized employment contracts.

I don't have any employment contracts for any of my previous roles.

For my qualifying work experience, I have an email from my current employer detailing the date, duration and salary for the time I was in the qualifying role.
And I have a letter from my old manager outlining the duties.

Will this be enough?
Do I need to get this notorized since it's not a contract?

TIA Jay
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all
Default Re: FSW 2009 employment contracts

Originally Posted by spaceace
Hi,

The document pack requires us to send in notorized employment contracts.

I don't have any employment contracts for any of my previous roles.

For my qualifying work experience, I have an email from my current employer detailing the date, duration and salary for the time I was in the qualifying role.
And I have a letter from my old manager outlining the duties.

Will this be enough?
Do I need to get this notorized since it's not a contract?

TIA Jay
I took the view that I'd rather send a notarised photocopy of letters and references than send the original, incase anything got lost and I had to send a replacement.

I'm not sure about CIC's view on emails, as they'd be pretty easy to fake. You could type anything in and then print it off (not that I'm suggesting you would). Is there no way you could get a letter on headed paper?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

you could also include paychecks as ancilary proof.

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
I took the view that I'd rather send a notarised photocopy of letters and references than send the original, incase anything got lost and I had to send a replacement.

I'm not sure about CIC's view on emails, as they'd be pretty easy to fake. You could type anything in and then print it off (not that I'm suggesting you would). Is there no way you could get a letter on headed paper?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Spaceace

I was wondering the same thing. I do not have any contracts of employment as they went some time ago. I do have a Dow Corning one that was more of an offer of employment.

My boss let me type out what I needed in the form of a reference, he then read it and had one of the girls to print it out, he then signed it. I also have very basic references from other companies I worked for. BP for instance acknowledged my time with them, but stated that they would not give details regarding pay and benefits out.

When my boss made me a supervisor from an operator it was pretty much a verbal contract, shake of the hand and then he informed HR of the 5 of us who made us staff and upgraded our pay etc. Not very professional especially when you talk about a Chemical blue chip company who are number one in the world at what we do. Should have had a written contract, but done internally.

However, I will send in the originals of the references but make sure that I use a courier so it won't get lost. I can always print it out again and get him to sign it if required. Trying to get things notarised may not be too expensive hopefully as long as one of my contacts can do it.

Got to be careful now in work as they are laying off some people. Volenteers first...shame it wasn't our time to fly over as the redundancy would have been a bonus.

JET
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I think the best I can do now for my qualifying work experience is send in;

A print out of my salary as was with the HR contact details
A signed copy of confirmation of my duties from my old manager on letter headed paper

Hopefully that will be enough.