Form Imm5409

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Snape is on a distinguished road
Default Form Imm5409

Im stuck with this someone please help me. My situation is this i am applying for immigration to canada in family class, as common law partner. My commonlaw partner is Canadian and she has been living with me in the Uk for over a year now as she has a 2yr working holiday visa.

Do we need to complete the form imm5409 as it makes out it is only if you are co signing i cant quite understand if i need it.
It says on the check list also Send origional of completed statutory declaration of common law union (imm5409), if you have a co-signer and he or she is your common law partner.

This too me makes no sense or it just isnt registering in my brain i would be greatfull for any help i could get on this as this is all i have to complete before i send off my application.

thanks
Ian
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 1:41 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form Imm5409

You are not a co-signer so do not fill out that particular form.

Originally Posted by Snape
Im stuck with this someone please help me. My situation is this i am applying for immigration to canada in family class, as common law partner. My commonlaw partner is Canadian and she has been living with me in the Uk for over a year now as she has a 2yr working holiday visa.

Do we need to complete the form imm5409 as it makes out it is only if you are co signing i cant quite understand if i need it.
It says on the check list also Send origional of completed statutory declaration of common law union (imm5409), if you have a co-signer and he or she is your common law partner.

This too me makes no sense or it just isnt registering in my brain i would be greatfull for any help i could get on this as this is all i have to complete before i send off my application.

thanks
Ian
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim, so i just have to send to Statutory Declrations from friends and family and get them aworn by a commisioner of oaths.

Should i still send the form but wrtie on it not applicable.

thanks
Ian
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:18 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jim, so i just have to send to Statutory Declrations from friends and family and get them aworn by a commisioner of oaths.

Should i still send the form but wrtie on it not applicable.

thanks
Ian
Send the best possible evidence of cohabitation for at least one year. Co-singed apartment leases are a good start along with the stautory dclaration of friends and family, pictures etc.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim, so far i have millions of photos, travel tickets, Paris trip tickets, letter from my parents stating we have lived with them at their house for over a year, phone bills, letters from friends and family stating they know us and we have been together for over 2yrs, we have letters we sent each other when we were apart.
We also have a insurance document with both our names on which is for our house we are renting we dont have a lease document, as our other house mates own the lease.

Can you think of any other usefull evidence that could help us, we have gathered alot so far but more the better i would imagine.

thanks
Ian
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:42 pm

It sounds like enough to me.
Thanks Jim, so far i have millions of photos, travel tickets, Paris trip tickets, letter from my parents stating we have lived with them at their house for over a year, phone bills, letters from friends and family stating they know us and we have been together for over 2yrs, we have letters we sent each other when we were apart.
We also have a insurance document with both our names on which is for our house we are renting we dont have a lease document, as our other house mates own the lease.

Can you think of any other usefull evidence that could help us, we have gathered alot so far but more the better i would imagine.

thanks
Ian