Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

filling out the customs declaration on the plane

filling out the customs declaration on the plane

Old Feb 11th 2015, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default filling out the customs declaration on the plane

how do I fill the customs declaration / landing card they give you on the plane if I don't intend to go back to the uk...what home address do I put if im only staying in a holiday let until I find a permanent rental or do I put my uk address as my home address, and what do I put in the box of "duration in days of your stay" also which section do I fill out "visitors to Canada" or resident of Canada. has anyone filled one out recently who has emigrated....

Last edited by shazza69; Feb 11th 2015 at 4:17 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: filling out the customs declaration on the plane

Put the UK address.
You are a visitor. Depending on your age put 50 years for duration of stay.
Explain to the officer you 1st see at Primary that you are moving to Canada.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone who has filled one out recently who could shed some light on this please.... http://http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publica...s/e311-eng.pdf such a simple form but unsure of how to fill it in if emmigrating
Old Mar 25th 2015, 12:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza69
anyone who has filled one out recently who could shed some light on this please.... http://http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publica...s/e311-eng.pdf such a simple form but unsure of how to fill it in if emmigrating
You've already had an answer from the expert, what more can you want?
Old Mar 25th 2015, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

You've already had an answer from the expert, what more can you want?
because ive had conflicting information from other people so wanted to confirm from someone who has recently filled one out who is in my situation....
Old Mar 25th 2015, 12:12 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

FYI the expert who replied works for CBSA, the people you are going to hand the form to.
The info doesn't get any better than that.

If you want a non expert opinion. we filled out everything that made sense and then explained that we were landing as PRs. The person behind the desk helped us with the rest
Old Mar 25th 2015, 12:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza69
because ive had conflicting information from other people so wanted to confirm from someone who has recently filled one out who is in my situation....
Former Lancastrian is a CBSA officer, so given that he could be the very person you hand your form over to, surely his answer is good enough?
Old Mar 25th 2015, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's good to know I had no idea he worked for them. Thank you for your replies, I consider my question now answered I guess...