paying the fees online - Help

Old Mar 25th 2015, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default paying the fees online - Help

the online fees states

sponsorship application - $75
principal applicant - $475
spouse, common law partner ...- $550
Right of Permanant residence fees - $490

If we are applying for spousal visa with no other dependants, which ones do we tick? Is the principal applicant the person who is being sponsored. According to the guide we thought that the total fees is around $1050. But according to this, it's $1,590. Confused.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 1:11 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: paying the fees online - Help

You don't pay the $550 one.

You only pay the $75 for the sponsorship application, and $475 for the PA. Your spouse isn't being sponsored, so the $550 doesn't apply. Then yo upay the RPRF of $490 for a total of $1040.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Mine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Got it.

As always, thanks so much!
Old Mar 25th 2015, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry Schnook, I've gone blank again. You said that my spouse isn't being sponsored. But this is an outland spousal application.... my spouse is sponsoring me.

we just want to get this right and hopefully not overpay or underpay.

apologies if the answer is very obvious.... (i'm having several blonde moments all at once)!
Old Mar 25th 2015, 1:50 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, let's try this again.

Fee #1: $75 for just filing a sponsorship application and going through the process to be approved as a sponsor. This is your husband.

Fee #2: $475 for the principal applicant's part of the application. This is you.

Fee #3: $490 for the Right of Permanent Residence fee. This is essentially the fee to have your COPR issued. It is recommended you pay this now.

Total fee: $1040

You do *NOT* pay the $550 for for the spouse/partner, because in this case, the principal applicant's spouse/partner is not being sponsored in the application - the principal applicant's (you) spouse/partner (your husband) is already Canadian. Follow?
Old Mar 25th 2015, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

My brain hurts.... but, yes, I finally got it

Ta very much!