Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

File number - for Mr. Humphries/Mr. Miller

File number - for Mr. Humphries/Mr. Miller

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

jpaul is on a distinguished road
Default File number - for Mr. Humphries/Mr. Miller

Dear Mr. Humphries,

Is it true that the letters after the file number are the initails of the immigration Officer?
My File #B04.................... BHS. Is BHS the initials of the Officer?

Regards
jpaul
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:30 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: File number - for Mr. Humphries/Mr. Miller

Originally Posted by jpaul
Dear Mr. Humphries,

Is it true that the letters after the file number are the initails of the immigration Officer?
My File #B04.................... BHS. Is BHS the initials of the Officer?

Regards
jpaul
That is often the case.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

triniangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
That is often the case.
this has nothing to do with the thread but I got my AOR from the Trinidad CIC office and they said that I should hear from them in 10 mths and that avearge processing time will be 24 months. I applied under skilled category using a Law firm from Canada. and have been assessed by them as having more than 75 points.

Is it true that it will take so long? that is 24 months?

Triniangel
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 1:30 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triniangel
this has nothing to do with the thread but I got my AOR from the Trinidad CIC office and they said that I should hear from them in 10 mths and that avearge processing time will be 24 months. I applied under skilled category using a Law firm from Canada. and have been assessed by them as having more than 75 points.

Triniangel
Sad but true. Why would you doubt them? Processing times have lengthened a lot in the past few years, and PoS was never very fast.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Triniangel
Hi Triniangel

My application is also processing at Trinidad, Port -Of -Spain. On My AOR, they had 18months average processing. Its already 10 mths for my application.

Here is my timeline:
Application: Dec 03
AOR- Jan 04
Request for additonal Infor: April 04
Info sent: April 04
Still waiting- No request for medicals as yet.

Its crazy in Trinidad, cause I have a friend with the same timeline who already recieved request for medicals.

Regards
jpaul
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

triniangel is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend of mine applied in April this year and he was asked to do his medical last month. he has been using a lawyer and is paying quite a tidy sum so maybe they helped him ensure all his documents were up to mark. he himself was amazed at the quick response.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

A friend of mine applied in April this year and he was asked to do his medical last month. he has been using a lawyer and is paying quite a tidy sum so maybe they helped him ensure all his documents were up to mark. he himself was amazed at the quick response.
Hi triniangle,
that was real quick. WOW! Wish u the best in your processing

jpaul