Yipee

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:40 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of
Talking Yipee Interview Waiver and Questions

Guiness all round for everyone.

Just recieved notification of Interview waiver.

I know everyone will want the timelines to date so here they are:
September 03 sent application
January 04 recieved confirmation from CIC
November 22nd recieved notification of interview waiver.

Now for the questions - lol
I have to send Police Certificates from UK. - Any clues how I go about this? do I just give my local police station a call or is it scotland yard????

I also have to pay the Reciever General a huge ammount of money. Should I wait for out come of Medicals before I send it or just send it now?

Last edited by Airseir; Nov 22nd 2004 at 8:59 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

zebedee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yipee Interview Waiver and Questions

congrats!

your local police station will be able to help , the 2 times Ive had to get certs ive gone to my local police station and they have sent a request to scotland yard for the request pack to be sent to my home address.

You'll need to take proof of ID depending on how diligent your local plod are

Originally Posted by Airseir

I have to send Police Certificates from UK. - Any clues how I go about this? do I just give my local police station a call or is it scotland yard????

I also have to pay the Reciever General a huge ammount of money. Should I wait for out come of Medicals before I send it or just send it now?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

majb is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great news. You are now one major step closer to the main thing.

If you are in the UK, you can get the application form for the police certificate from almost every (I think) police station.

By the way, did you apply to the CHC in London?

majb
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Just take a trip to the local cop shop, take £10 and some id with your name and address on. e.g. driver's license, or passport and gas bill. They'll give you a form to fill in and you'll get it back within 40 days.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:10 pm
got visa

scrim20gb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yipee

do as johnny said mate. i went to my local police station in northallerton showed my passport, filled in the form they give me, payed 10 quid then two weeks later i got a cert from scotland yard saying that they have no record me on the computer. just to see which one was faster i sent the form that comes with the immigration application pack on the same day i went to the police station, i didnt get a reply for two months.
good luck buddy
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Hi Airseir,

we are exactly the same timeline as you, did you do skilled worker route? Are you uk citizen, did you apply through london? If yes then there is hope yet for us, we got AOR in jan 04 and waiting for next step, which we thought would not be until next year. let me know.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Amarjit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=wensamjam]Hi Airseir,

we are exactly the same timeline as you, did you do skilled worker route? Are you uk citizen, did you apply through london? If yes then there is hope yet for us, we got AOR in jan 04 and waiting for next step, which we thought would not be until next year. let me know.[/QUOTE

we are in the same boat too. The waiting time is killing us. We have applyed as skilled worker (in London UK) - applyed in Sept 03 - we got AOR in Jan 04 and now its waiting and waiting and waiting..... :scared:
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

hi Amarjit,

I hope we hear soon then, fed up with all this waiting. Where in Canada are you hoping to go? We are heading for Halifax NS.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Amarjit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wensamjam
hi Amarjit,

I hope we hear soon then, fed up with all this waiting. Where in Canada are you hoping to go? We are heading for Halifax NS.

Hiya wemsamjam

We are hoping to end up in Toronto - we went out there end of September checking out places within the Toronto area - love it!!.
What these people (immigration) dont understand is that we have to put our life on hold (cant make any commitments) until we know if we are going or not.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeh know what you mean about life on hold. But we have decieded to put our house on market in january, hope to sell quickly and move in with father-in-law. We went out in Feb this year, hoping to go out as s oon as we sell and buy new build then come back here and wait for visa whilst house being built.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:01 pm

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Thanks,
That seems easier than I imagined and obviously very clearly the way to go.

Originally Posted by scrim20gb
do as johnny said mate. i went to my local police station in northallerton showed my passport, filled in the form they give me, payed 10 quid then two weeks later i got a cert from scotland yard saying that they have no record me on the computer. just to see which one was faster i sent the form that comes with the immigration application pack on the same day i went to the police station, i didnt get a reply for two months.
good luck buddy
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:06 pm

Yes I went the Skilled worker route.

A far as I am aware we applied directly to CIC - we have an attorney in Toronto that checked all documents for us, wrote a covering letter and sent it for us to sign and then sent the pack in on 18 September. There was a communication issue that meant we didnt know that the AOR was sent untilfirst week in March, I was very relieved to hear it was dated 6 Jan. I was expecting to have a similar experience on this satge but obviously it was just a one off. Good luck and hope you hear soon - I was expecting to hear late Dec early Jan so it really was a shock to find the e-mail from my attorney last night.

Hi Airseir,

we are exactly the same timeline as you, did you do skilled worker route? Are you uk citizen, did you apply through london? If yes then there is hope yet for us, we got AOR in jan 04 and waiting for next step, which we thought would not be until next year. let me know.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:09 pm

I too was feeling the pinch on waiting and not doing anything - thread only a few weeks ago started by me titled "waiting is Killing me". our cooker is on its last legs and we hope it limps through, we had to relace the tumble dryer only 2 months ago. I have wondered if it is time for a job change but saw little point starting somewhere only to leave again in a very short time.

hi Amarjit,

Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Airseir,

well it's encourging to know that you have have feedback at this time, there is hope then!! Has your status changed to Decision Made? Ours still says In Process.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 11:48 am

Still says in progress. I dont expect that to change yet as no decision made due to medicals and police check to follow.

There is always hope - if not you can always hope that there is hope - lol

Hi Airseir,

well it's encourging to know that you have have feedback at this time, there is hope then!! Has your status changed to Decision Made? Ours still says In Process.