Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

a few questions before I send off!

a few questions before I send off!

Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

shellz_irl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a few questions before I send off!

Hi There,

I have a few questions which I need some further clarification on, maybe you guys have the answers!

1. I am on a work permit here in Canada, valid until 2007, which i got through the facilitated information technology workers program, which means I had a blanket job validation from HRSDC. My employers are willing to offer me 'full time' employment once I get my PR. Can I say I have arranged employment? I called CIC and the guy told me yes I can, no problem. But somehow, because it took some explaining as to what program I was on, I don't believe the guy! Mr. Miller, I did read previous posts of yours saying that under new law, I can say I have arranged employment but some other posts seem to contradict that.

In the IMM EG7000, it does state:
IF: You are currently working in Canada on a temporary work permit (including sectoral confirmations). AND: Your work permit is valid for 12 or more
months after the date you apply for a permanent resident visa; Your employer has made an offer to give you a permanent job if your application is successful.

I think this applies to me??

2. If I can say I have arranged employment, and get the 10 points, I am exempt from the proof of funds. Does that include my common law partner? meaning my job is enough to support both of us. (Even though he would have a job too after PR)

3. RCMP Checks! I am applying through London - When do I send away for them? Do I send away now and forward them to CIC once i get them. Or do I wait until CIC asks for them? Or should I send away now, get them back and then send off PR?

Thanks for any help in this,