shipping 6 boxes

Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping 6 boxes

Hello,

does anyone know the cheapest way to ship (by air) 6 biggish boxes of clothes, cd's and knick knacks,,

Cheers, Jameso
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

dave_topley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: shipping 6 boxes

Originally Posted by Jameso
Hello,

does anyone know the cheapest way to ship (by air) 6 biggish boxes of clothes, cd's and knick knacks,,

Cheers, Jameso
Hi Hameso,

We're using Freightworld in Sheffield for 7 boxes and a couple of funny shaped ones (pictures etc). They were very efficient and reasonable.

http://www.shipping-overseas.com/

Try this link

Cheers
Dave and Trish
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:23 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

No matter how you try shipping by air is not cheap. I do it all the time.
I have tried to compare prices but they all come out the same.
Trick is to make they boxes fit the smallest cubic space possible, and the right shape!! Price is done on cubic metre, and weight. But it is the cubic metre that is important, as if it is an odd size they price to nearest next cubic metre, so you pay for air!
6 boxes weighing 22kg each approximatley 1 cubic metre each, have just cost me approx £400. This was sent by UPS and arrived in three days from New York to UK.

22 boxes the same weight and size via ship from Hong Kong cost me £320 door to door service.
The shipping by sea took 19 days exactly.Advantage by air is you get it in about 3-4 days.

Originally Posted by Jameso
Hello,

Cheers, Jameso
Old Jul 21st 2005, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

do you know a cheap sea shipment service?

Originally Posted by gooding
No matter how you try shipping by air is not cheap. I do it all the time.
I have tried to compare prices but they all come out the same.
Trick is to make they boxes fit the smallest cubic space possible, and the right shape!! Price is done on cubic metre, and weight. But it is the cubic metre that is important, as if it is an odd size they price to nearest next cubic metre, so you pay for air!
6 boxes weighing 22kg each approximatley 1 cubic metre each, have just cost me approx £400. This was sent by UPS and arrived in three days from New York to UK.

22 boxes the same weight and size via ship from Hong Kong cost me £320 door to door service.
The shipping by sea took 19 days exactly.Advantage by air is you get it in about 3-4 days.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 7:20 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

From UK?

It depends if it is just boxes that you can pack up yourself then there are many freight forwarders. Send me a PM and I will give you details of mine. if it is a house full odd sizes etc, you need a company that will box up price up and load into a container. This I do not wish to do my self!

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
do you know a cheap sea shipment service?