Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fees for Spouse Application (out of Canada)

Fees for Spouse Application (out of Canada)

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fees for Spouse Application (out of Canada)

Hi all, just a quick question on paying the fees for this application. I see that there are three fees - Assessment of sponsor ($75), principal applicant ($475) and then the right of permanent residence fee ($550). Does it speed up the application at all if I pay item 2 (or even item 3) at the same time as item 1? Can I pay prior to submitting the application?

Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fees for Spouse Application (out of Canada)

Originally Posted by tweed_wearer
Hi all, just a quick question on paying the fees for this application. I see that there are three fees - Assessment of sponsor ($75), principal applicant ($475) and then the right of permanent residence fee ($550). Does it speed up the application at all if I pay item 2 (or even item 3) at the same time as item 1? Can I pay prior to submitting the application?

Thanks
Yes it should speed things up a little as they won't have to request payment.

I paid all fees upfront. Send copies of the receipts in your application.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 2:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by tweed_wearer

Thanks
Actually the RPRF is $490.00 You have to pay 1&2 when you submit the sponsorship/application. Paying 3 saves a month or so in processing time.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 1:58 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed with the above. Pay it all up front if you are able to - total should be $1040. It saves amount a month or so of processing time. (If you choose not to pay it, then they have to send you the request to pay it, you have to pay it, you have to send them the receipt showing you've paid it, they have to confirm they've received payment. If you pay up front they can just crack on with it.)