Fee taken before AOR email?

Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fee taken before AOR email?

Well I just received a bill on my credit card, I get like a "pre-warning" where my credit limit drops by around the amount being billed a day or two before the actual bill hits.

Well, today my credit limit dropped by about $1300 and the only thing I have imminent of that value is the PR application fee ($1250 iirc for myself, spouse and child)

So I am hoping that is what is incoming, as otherwise I have been scammed lol

Anyone know how long it normally takes between them submitting the charge to the credit card and receiving the AOR email, because I haven't got that yet?

(I would be more gutted at it not being the AOR than of being robbed if that was the case - how sad is that? lol)
Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

BexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fee taken before AOR email?

I paid the fee by banker's draft, rather than credit card, but from my experience they did not take the fee until shortly before they issued the AOR, so hopefully you should get some favorable news soon. Hope I haven't jinxed it!
Old Mar 26th 2015, 3:02 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Eddmac
Well I just received a bill on my credit card, I get like a "pre-warning" where my credit limit drops by around the amount being billed a day or two before the actual bill hits.

Well, today my credit limit dropped by about $1300 and the only thing I have imminent of that value is the PR application fee ($1250 iirc for myself, spouse and child)

So I am hoping that is what is incoming, as otherwise I have been scammed lol

Anyone know how long it normally takes between them submitting the charge to the credit card and receiving the AOR email, because I haven't got that yet?

(I would be more gutted at it not being the AOR than of being robbed if that was the case - how sad is that? lol)
Just out of interest, via which route did you apply? Good luck on things moving on
Old Mar 26th 2015, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sms1984
Just out of interest, via which route did you apply? Good luck on things moving on
PNP - Inland and thanks
Old Mar 27th 2015, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

So, the cio at sidney NS has billed my card, but still no AOR email from them. Anyone know how long it usually takes from them billing until you receive the email?
Old Mar 27th 2015, 4:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So, the cio at sidney NS has billed my card, but still no AOR email from them. Anyone know how long it usually takes from them billing until you receive the email?
Having your card charged doesn't really mean anything I'm afraid, they often do that even if an application is subsequently rejected or returned.

But ours was charged about 8 weeks after sending the app iirc, we then received AOR a month or two later. That's going back a few years, but I think timelines are still similar now from what I've seen. Not sure when you applied, but about 4 months for AOR seems to be the norm.

HTH.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, we are at almost 4 months now. I know its probably no indication, but when i phoned they told me they wouldnt charge the card until they were happy that the application was complete and that I would receive an email shortly afterwards.
It would massively suck if it was another 3 or 4 months after taking payment before I got AOR
Old Mar 27th 2015, 5:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, we are at almost 4 months now. I know its probably no indication, but when i phoned they told me they wouldnt charge the card until they were happy that the application was complete and that I would receive an email shortly afterwards.
It would massively suck if it was another 3 or 4 months after taking payment before I got AOR
Sorry, I meant approx 4 months from sending the application in, not from payment being taken. So hopefully you should hear very soon if you sent it in nearly 4 months ago.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update*
I got an email from the CIO saying they had opened my application and were going through the initial checks, that I should hear from them soon. I received a UCI number in the email. Should I be able to use this to track my application online now?

The lady also didnt answer my question about police certs. I had sent my application without my police certs, as I didnt want to delay the application, I have now got them but don't want to send them in without a reference number to associate them with.

Any advice?