FBI checks query

Old Nov 29th 2008, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: FBI checks query

Originally Posted by StefkeUK
Hi paulo,

I know the FBI won't be a problem. it s the police in england that want this letter in order for them to do those finger print.

So to rephrase my question: What type of letter did you gave to the british police in roder for them to accept to do this finger print ?

Thanks

Stefke
i'd show them your 90 day letter which indicates security clearance required for each country lived in, together with downloaded police clearance documents off the FBI website, so the police here know what info you need to give the FBI. I did print the FBI fingerprint form, but our local police preferred to use their own..and it says this is OK to do too on the FBI forms.
I can't understand why your police are querying this - they make an income from it. We paid them £60 for each set. Maybe they've just not been asked recently - or maybe it was the particular officer you spoke to.
Hope this helps
Lynsey
Old Nov 29th 2008, 6:04 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StefkeUK
Hi paulo,

I know the FBI won't be a problem. it s the police in england that want this letter in order for them to do those finger print.

So to rephrase my question: What type of letter did you gave to the british police in roder for them to accept to do this finger print ?

Thanks

Stefke
Hi

sorry to jump in.

The Isle of Man police did my fingerprints without any problem.

I went and said, "I am migrating to Canada so I need an FBI background check because I lived there for a while. Trouble is, the FBI check needs a set of fingerprints sent in."
They took my word for it.

In you case it sounds like you have one of them arrogant types who like messing people about. Unfortunately there's a lot of them.

SO you will need to write a letter a bit like this:

Dear Fascist

(oops sorry, let me start again)

Dear Police

I intend to migrate to Canada and am filling out my application.
According to the instructions for completing the immigration forms, the Canadian authorities require police checks from every country I have lived in for the last ten years (text enclosed).
One of the countries I lived in was the USA. The FBI has certain requirements for applying for a police check. One of those requirements is a set of professionally prepared fingerprints (text also enclosed).
I am advised my homeland force is in a position to take the prints and to verify my identity so the FBI can process the prints (text also enclosed).
Please can you tell me where and when I can have my prints taken and my identity verified so I can get my FBI police check and my Canadian immigration process under way.

Many thanks

etc

-=--------------

Sometimes I do wonder whats got into the British Police. There was a time they were there to help ordinary law abiding people go about their ordinary law abiding business. Anyone who's seen V for Vendetta will get an idea of where its going.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LynseySmith
i'd show them your 90 day letter which indicates security clearance required for each country lived in, together with downloaded police clearance documents off the FBI website, so the police here know what info you need to give the FBI. I did print the FBI fingerprint form, but our local police preferred to use their own..and it says this is OK to do too on the FBI forms.
I can't understand why your police are querying this - they make an income from it. We paid them £60 for each set. Maybe they've just not been asked recently - or maybe it was the particular officer you spoke to.
Hope this helps
Lynsey
My police station wanted a letter as well, but they accepted the 90 letter as proof.

Ray
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by LynseySmith
Sent our fingerprints off last week to FBI and just used the credit card form. I had read the 3-4 weeks processing somewhere so didn't think it would be an issue. Our Cheshire police charged us £60 a piece for the prints though! I must have been their most compliant visitor at the local station as I wanted a perfect set! Sent mail Airsure and seems to have arrived there OK.
Cheers
Lynsey
Just a quickie to advise - got FBI clearance back this morning 6/12/08 after sending 17/11. I know the packet was received by 24/11. So again, a much quicker turn-around time than expected.
They just stamped 'no record' on my Cheshire Police Elimination prints form! Not a lot for over £80 spent !!!! But still, a relief that it's all done.
Lynsey
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

StefkeUK is on a distinguished road

hello,

We have done those finger print for my wife yesterday in Manchester. they didn't care about any letter (contrary to what was said when I booked the appointment by phone). Just happy to take the £60.

Stefke
Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

mcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wbexpat
Thanks for the really helpful post, looking around the FBI site there does not seem to be any information to allow you to contact them about the checks unless by letter.

I had a question concerning my request and used the e-mail address you quoted and the same very helpful guy replied.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:38 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcdavis
Thanks for the really helpful post, looking around the FBI site there does not seem to be any information to allow you to contact them about the checks unless by letter.

I had a question concerning my request and used the e-mail address you quoted and the same very helpful guy replied.
Hey Mac.
Glad it worked out.
The FBI chap is a good guy.
Its amusing to think of him sitting there in mirror shades toting a 9mm.

Its probably worth mentioning here in the thread so folks can find it,
The FBI checks came back for us in about 3 weeks. None of this 90 day business.
And yes they do accept payment from UK credit cards.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

mcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mcdavis

A couple of extra notes for anyone that might be interested....

- The cost of fingerprints from Essex police is £20 per person. You simply contact Essex Police HQ in Chelmsford and send them a cheque then they will have an appropriate station contact you and for SOCO to take your fingerprints.

- When we sent our requests to the FBI for processing, as per the instructions, we noted on the envelope that the check was required by Dec. 20th (we sent them early Nov.). We then heard nothing and when we used the quoted e-mail address to chase, they could find no trace of the request. Then out of the blue the FBI contacted us to say that the request had arrived on Dec. 18th and was being processed. So it might have got lost in the mail, but we did wonder whether the mail room at the FBI had held onto it, as it said required by December 20th. Who knows, at least it arrived in the end and they were very good at respnding to the e-mails.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wbexpat
Anyone who's seen V for Vendetta will get an idea of where its going.
An excellent movie. Brazil is another favourite.