Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fastrack PR...whys it taking so long?

Fastrack PR...whys it taking so long?

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fastrack PR...whys it taking so long?

Originally Posted by PeterF
I didn't let it run out, I renewed it, so I had a valid TWP when I applied.

I do believe that if you have applied for fast track PR and your TWP is expiring, you can extend it, which is different to renewing it.
Some of us can't renew/extend...i.e I never had an LMO in the first place so it's interesting to me whether that's a factor in how quickly they issue PR. I.e. how often they DON'T issue PR before peoples twps run out.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

We sent off our Fast Track PR application from BC to London on 11 December. It was never signed for so we emailed them to ask if it was there safely. Phew ...it was! They said they started processing it on 21 Jan and actually included this in the reply to the query....

"We endeavour to process Quebec / Provincial Nominee / Arranged Employment applications within 6 months of receipt, as advertised on our website: www.canada.org.uk Delays in processing can sometimes occur depending on the individual’s circumstances and unusually busy periods. If the file cannot be finalised before the applicant’s medicals expire (i.e. 12 months from the day they were undergone), the applicant will have to undergo a new medical examination."

...so that was interesting!!

Originally Posted by PeterF
I do believe that if you have applied for fast track PR and your TWP is expiring, you can extend it, which is different to renewing it.
Our TWPs run out in April 09 so we never expected to get PR in time and planned to renew them. Please could you explain what the above might entail if you have any more details, Peter? My OH doesn't need an LMO for his TWP and I have a SOWP on the back of his. Would really appreciate knowing more on that.

MP
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure to be honest, I know last year my LMO was late because our HR person applied too soon (6 weeks before and not a day earlier). So because my LMO application was about a month too early, it was I expect put aside somewhere and then lost.

HR re-applied when they checked the status and found that it was not being processed but this was about 3 weeks before my current one run out.

They phoned Vegreville (sp) and had my current TWP extended.

I would presume if a PR application is in process they would extend to until the final evaluation.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

Thanks Peter ...think a wee call to Vegreville about the TWP running out might be worth a try.

Good luck to all awaiting fast track PR!! We'll get there ....
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Has anybody had med requests yet who have fast tracked their PR based on WP and job? We sent our full PR Application on December 18... its been three months now and still not heard anything Maybe I am just inpatient... surely we must hear something soon. Once we have the medical requests how long does it take to get PR???
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracywall
Has anybody had med requests yet who have fast tracked their PR based on WP and job? We sent our full PR Application on December 18... its been three months now and still not heard anything Maybe I am just inpatient... surely we must hear something soon. Once we have the medical requests how long does it take to get PR???
As per earlier replies, fasttrack PR usually takes around 6-12 months so no need to panic! If it's only been three months you're unlikely to hear anything just yet.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:20 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Am here on TWP and sent my full PR app in November, still not heard a thing
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Am here on TWP and sent my full PR app in November, still not heard a thing

Its so frustrating isn't it... why can't they just get a move on. Thew FS1's seems to be getting processed really quickly what do they have that we don't have given that we already have a job... anyway I suppose we can just wait and see. Have you chased London?? did they say how long you can expect to wait? How long does it take after med requests have been received?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Narnarvish is an unknown quantity at this point

Its so frustrating isn't it... why can't they just get a move on. Thew FS1's seems to be getting processed really quickly what do they have that we don't have given that we already have a job... anyway I suppose we can just wait and see. Have you chased London?? did they say how long you can expect to wait? How long does it take after med requests have been received?
We've just had our 90 day letter, and say they'll fast track once they've received updated letter from employer stating job will be permanet, copy of some pay slips, and copy of my work permit, which is in the process of being renewed as it runs out on 12th April 09. They started processing our application for PR on 24th September 08.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:39 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Have you chased London?? did they say how long you can expect to wait? How long does it take after med requests have been received?
Yep, sent them an email ages ago and didn't get a reply........which adds to my frustration
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Yep, sent them an email ages ago and didn't get a reply........which adds to my frustration

I've just emailed them so I'll let you know if we get a reply.. Can't say I am holding my breath tho'
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Narnarvish is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just emailed them so I'll let you know if we get a reply.. Can't say I am holding my breath tho'
When we emailed London, it took six weeks for the reply.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

I have never received a response to an email.

FT SW application sent in April 2008, and we're still waiting. (Medicals sent off early Feb 2009.) During that time we've had to renew LMO and TWPs via the normal route. I just hope we don't have to do it again!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sprucemoose
I have never received a response to an email.

FT SW application sent in April 2008, and we're still waiting. (Medicals sent off early Feb 2009.) During that time we've had to renew LMO and TWPs via the normal route. I just hope we don't have to do it again!
Seems like I may as well forget about my application for the time being then I was hoping we wouldn't need to continue to pay international student fees for my husband's university course but seems as though I may as well bank on having to... I wish they would get their arses into gear and fast track the applications.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

It's just hard to know what will happen. I know there were other BE posters who applied at the same time I did and they have long size received their PR.

One of the reasons it's taken so long for us is that they kept sending correspondence to the wrong country.

I haven't seen much info about fast track timelines in these past few months, other than people still waiting to hear anything/AOR. I'm wondering if we should have waited and gone with the new procedure, as the principle applicant's job is on The List. But too late now. Maybe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.