Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fastrack PR...whys it taking so long?

Fastrack PR...whys it taking so long?

Old Feb 20th 2009, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

rossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Fastrack PR...whys it taking so long?

Sorry but just have to have a moan to see if anyone else has heard anything.

We sent in our full PR application on 8 oct 08 to be fastracked as we are already in canada on the WP. I emailed them after 13 weeks and they said they had it and that these applications were still being dealt with on a priority basis!
Well what do they see as a priority?
They said our application started getting dealt with on the 5 Nov 08, but that means they opened the envelope then and cashed the draft.
I know theres a few others on here that are in the same boat, but god its been nearly 20 weeks that they have had it. They just seemed to have ground to a halt with fastracking these applications, early last yr they were soo fast and now sooo slow!
Well thanks for letting me moan and if anyone is in the same situation please let me know, so i feel like its not just us stalking the postman.
Well heres to the post next week!!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fastrack PR...whys it taking so long?

Originally Posted by rossi1
Sorry but just have to have a moan to see if anyone else has heard anything.

We sent in our full PR application on 8 oct 08 to be fastracked as we are already in canada on the WP. I emailed them after 13 weeks and they said they had it and that these applications were still being dealt with on a priority basis!
Well what do they see as a priority?
They said our application started getting dealt with on the 5 Nov 08, but that means they opened the envelope then and cashed the draft.
I know theres a few others on here that are in the same boat, but god its been nearly 20 weeks that they have had it. They just seemed to have ground to a halt with fastracking these applications, early last yr they were soo fast and now sooo slow!
Well thanks for letting me moan and if anyone is in the same situation please let me know, so i feel like its not just us stalking the postman.
Well heres to the post next week!!!
When does your TWP run out? If it's not for awhile yet they might not see a reason to push your PR through...also where did you send it to? Buffalo or London?
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

rossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura about

We sent it to London and WP doesnt run out till May 2010, so still a while on it.
Its just the PR stuff takes over your life and we just want it all done and dusted. I'm a very impatient person, but they should tell you when you start this PR process that you have to have the patients of a saint!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

We sent it to London and WP doesnt run out till May 2010, so still a while on it.
Its just the PR stuff takes over your life and we just want it all done and dusted. I'm a very impatient person, but they should tell you when you start this PR process that you have to have the patients of a saint!
lol I'm waiting for my AEO but already have EVERYTHING ready for my PR app and I hope to god they don't drag their heels cos I only have until Oct 09 on my work permit...eek!

I would assume because you have the leeway with your twp that's why they're not rushing it through even the fast track versions they say 6-12 months. 6 months being bloody amazing if it happens I reckon.

Good luck...I hope you don't have to wait too long
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks and good luck with your application as well!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Narnarvish is an unknown quantity at this point

I too am in Canada on work permit. Sent my full PR application to London, UK, they started processing 24th Sept. No AOR received, but had reply to email (about 6 weeks after sending it) chasing things up, was told it was being dealt with, but they couldn't say how long it will take.
I am now in process of renewing my work permit, as it runs out on 12th April.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

We sent our Fast Track application to London in Feb 08, had our medicals Oct 08, sending the results to Ottowa and received PR last week.

We're visiting Buffalo later today and getting our cards on the return.

I believe this is a common time period.

So by I wouldn't expect the medical request until April if I was you, any earlier a bonus. Possible PR by July.

Of course timings can differ depending on complexity I would imagine.

I did hear hassling thm delays your app, so I kept my correspondence to a minimum.

EDIT: They do not send AOR's for Fast Track applications, just to keep you your toes like..

Last edited by PeterF; Feb 21st 2009 at 12:17 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your timeline Peterf, that makes me feel a lot better now and at least now we know its a normal time frame.
Congratulations on getting you PR and have a fab day today, crosssing back over the border today as an official PR is going to be the best feeling in the world, so we will have a drink for you tonight and hope that in the summer we will be doing that.
Cheers!!!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:54 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure saints have patients - You've been watching too much ER!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Hah, I got my own timeline wrong. The wife reminded me that we actually sent our Application in May, not Feb. So subtract 2 months off what I said
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PeterF
Hah, I got my own timeline wrong. The wife reminded me that we actually sent our Application in May, not Feb. So subtract 2 months off what I said
So 10 months? Did you need to renew your LMO during that time?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lucieg
So 10 months? Did you need to renew your LMO during that time?
No, I waited until my TWP run out and had a new LMO/TWP in April and sent in May with almost a year left (was hoping the 2nd would be for longer than 1 year).
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Fasttrack PR usually takes at least 6 months (6-12 months is the norm) so I wouldn't worry just yet!!

Good luck.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PeterF
No, I waited until my TWP run out and had a new LMO/TWP in April and sent in May with almost a year left (was hoping the 2nd would be for longer than 1 year).
Great thanks...I'm just trying to figure out whether they're in the habit of letting people's twp's run out before issuing PR. I really really hope they're not
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lucieg
Great thanks...I'm just trying to figure out whether they're in the habit of letting people's twp's run out before issuing PR. I really really hope they're not
I didn't let it run out, I renewed it, so I had a valid TWP when I applied.

I do believe that if you have applied for fast track PR and your TWP is expiring, you can extend it, which is different to renewing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.