FAO Mapleleaf

Old Mar 17th 2005, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking FAO Mapleleaf

Hey, hope everything is going well, and family life is blissful.....

I just have a couple of questions for you.
I believe you travelled over on China Airlines???
(Just ignore this if you didn't)
Its just I am next month and am wondering how your flight was, as I don't know anyone who had travelled on the airline before.
And did you have an overnight stop in Taipei?
If so, where did they put you up?

Thanks alot for any information you can give me, I really appreciate it!
Cheers-Blair
Old Mar 18th 2005, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAO Mapleleaf

Originally Posted by blairwitch
Hey, hope everything is going well, and family life is blissful.....

I just have a couple of questions for you.
I believe you travelled over on China Airlines???
(Just ignore this if you didn't)
Its just I am next month and am wondering how your flight was, as I don't know anyone who had travelled on the airline before.
And did you have an overnight stop in Taipei?
If so, where did they put you up?

Thanks alot for any information you can give me, I really appreciate it!
Cheers-Blair

oh bugger just lost my reply to you..LOL..will try again.

yes i have flown with China Airlines twice now. Very comfortable and flight attandents are very attentive.

On this last flight i was fortunate the plane was not full and had no one sitting next to me. Was able to stretch out and sleep. I ordered the vegetarian meals (didn't like them much) everyone elses meals looked fine. What can i say..airline food is all the same.>? The plane out of Sydney has there own individual TV's on the back of the seat in front of you. Video's on demand.

When arriving at Taipei go to the Transfer desk which is *before* you go out thru customs.They will then direct you and the others who are overnighting where to go to meet the shuttle bus. They are very helpful.

The overnight in Taipei is at the Miramar Resort. Very comfy place. You have your own room with all amentities etc. Toiletries supplied but be aware the hair products are very drying and no conditioner( very important info that LOL) You also get breakfast supplied in the morning. A spa and sauna room is also available, the grounds are nice for a walk aswell.(safe)
The shuttle picks you up and transfers you back to the airport the next morning. Me and others i met up with on the flight had some lunch at the airport, there is some fresh food places which sell sandwiches etc. tho they thought it quite odd someone ordering a tomato bread roll with nothing else on it..much to our amusement. ...
Taipei ariport has been done up and is a lot better then when i was there 6 months ago. Clean and easy to find your way around.

Also i have heard they sometimes use the Princess Hotel for the overnight stays. Is just as ritzy as the Miramar

The leg back to aussie land is a killer with a 7.5hr wait at Taipei airport. .but you and i don't have to worry about that .
Bet you are excited to see your husband again.

I'm heading out now, shopping and it is snowing *VBS*~
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you soo much for the info!
Not the best news about the food (i'm vego too.)
But all the rest sounds great. I was just having nightmares about cockroaches and other insects, so you have definitely put my mind at ease!

And YES I am very excited at finally getting to see MrBW again, he is meeting me in Vancouver and we are spending a couple of days there before heading *home*.
Now I just have to get through the next month!

Cheers-bw
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blairwitch
Thank you soo much for the info!
Not the best news about the food (i'm vego too.)
But all the rest sounds great. I was just having nightmares about cockroaches and other insects, so you have definitely put my mind at ease!

And YES I am very excited at finally getting to see MrBW again, he is meeting me in Vancouver and we are spending a couple of days there before heading *home*.
Now I just have to get through the next month!

Cheers-bw
No problemo...*S*...actualy we are heading to Vancouver this weekend to look for a car for me to get around in. I don't know why but i am soooo nervous about going for my BC licence. Wish we were able to do a swap, aussie licence for canadian.

And yeah i am so happy for you to be able to be with your husband *S*..in the meanwhile, go get that massage, facial, pedicure and anything else that takes your fancy to get you through the month wait.

And no worries about cockroaches etc..i didn't see any`.i had a bit of a laugh at that cos i thought the same thing when first heard i had to overnight.
As to the vegie meals. They aren't too bad but still i found i didn't eat much. Maybe take some snacks on the plane with you.
Good Luck~